Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Whatever is happening on the 18th, I will not be able to attend as my wife will be working on the school board.

Keep me updated. If the dignitary is whom I think it is, maybe you will allow us to submit questions for those who could not attend.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    I don't think there is really an OFFICIAL contact person in the NW IN area. Why do you ask? Perhaps some of us can answer your questions.

Greg

It's a great idea.

There was a list of Area 1 folks that were interested at the beginning of the thread.
    Has Area #1 gone anywhere with this?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    It's a great idea.

There was a list of Area 1 folks that were interested at the beginning of the thread.
    Has Area #1 gone anywhere with this?

WELL to be honest it hasn't gone very far. Mikea organized a shoot at Jasper-Pulaski earlier this spring that was somewhat of a sucess, I did the same at kingsbury with limited sucess as well. Other than that and a few OC gatherings that took place prior to my joining there hasn't been much in the way of getting together.

I have considered setting up a BBQ/cookout/OC event that folks could bring the family to, but have gotten busy with going back to work and such to even THINK about it. I wonder how much if any interest there would be. Then there is also the problem of location.

Greg

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    WELL to be honest it hasn't gone very far. Mikea organized a shoot at Jasper-Pulaski earlier this spring that was somewhat of a sucess, I did the same at kingsbury with limited sucess as well. Other than that and a few OC gatherings that took place prior to my joining there hasn't been much in the way of getting together.

I have considered setting up a BBQ/cookout/OC event that folks could bring the family to, but have gotten busy with going back to work and such to even THINK about it. I wonder how much if any interest there would be. Then there is also the problem of location.

Greg

That's always the problem, no extra time for anything, especially in the summer.

Jim Gray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Area 1 - interested

I am interested in discussing this with someone in area 1. Sailor brought it up in an e-mail a while back.

Interest will pick up, in MSGs, about the time they are really needed.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    MSG BBQ at my place ---Soon!

Fall is for BBQ!

How about the 19 or 20th of this month in my back yard! We will need some of you to bring a cooker or two. I have a few spots that would be ideal and if there is an interest we might just have a BBQ contest.

My location is as follows I'm about 10 miles west of Bloomington, or about 1 hour from 37 and 465 on the south west side of Indy.

If there is interest? should we make it a bigger MSG event?

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Hamilton County

OK, we've had a few people before but we never followed up. If your intersted, let me know, I'm building an email roster for notifications for some local trainings and gatherings in Hamilton County. I am going to be out of town for the next few weeks but then it's time to hunker down for the winter and get down to business.

I was going to schedule something during October as a first meeting point. Probably at the Cicero Library. This will just be a beginning intro to Preparedness and Introductions. Might combine a CPR class into it, not sure initially. Some subjects that I would like to have some trainings on:

Plant Identification
    Building Fires
    Natural Healing Techniques
    CPR
    First Aid
    Food Storage
    Canning
    Primitive Weapons
    Firearms
    Gardening
    Soap Making
    Candle Making

Just to name a few. Not sure which zone this technically is in. I know there was some confusion. But Looking to move forward whether its 2 of us or 10 of us. Please send me your email. I am on this board alot but it will be easier to send out one bulk email on updates but I will try and keep things posted here to. You can also check out the following for Hamilton County Specific Info. If there turns out to be a good group and following, maybe we can talk INGO into a special tab to keep all the talk here. Would be easier than following two links.

Anyways, here is the starting point for myself. If your interested let me know, if not, keep on prepping and God Bless.....

Hamilton County Preparedness Group (Cicero, IN) - Meetup.com

Press ENTER to look up in Wiktionary or CTRL+ENTER to look up in Wikipedia

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Hey Region Rats - I'm new to the forum but you can count me in. I just finished reading "Patriots" by J. Rawles. I highly recommend this book as it will light a fire under your butt to start getting prepared. The signs are out there - "if you can read". I'm in Portage and always open to getting together for some lead slingin down at JP.

Octomonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Markle
    Hey Region Rats - I'm new to the forum but you can count me in. I just finished reading "Patriots" by J. Rawles. I highly recommend this book as it will light a fire under your butt to start getting prepared. The signs are out there - "if you can read". I'm in Portage and always open to getting together for some lead slingin down at JP.

You just made me curious, so I read the synopsis on this book. This sounds like something that would be right up my alley. I may have to pick this one up after I finish Atlas Shrugged.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    MSG Ideas......

a group shoot
    a fall camp-at my place
    a cold weather camp -in the snow-to test your gear
    meet and greet .....some place in Bloomington IN?

what

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Lapel
    lets go

When,where? Im ready to do something. If it is just sitting around a campfire chewing the fat with like minded people. Please keep me informed and count me all the way in.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    fall Winter team ideas

winter camp
    group shoot
    BOL improvements
    BOL review
    face to face with area members to talk and expand skills.......come prepared with life and training issues to learn or share

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom