• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I will post another thread on this, but the MSG3 is now meeting monthly. Additionally, there is an opportunity for a cold weather shoot and/or cold weather camping if there is ample interest. All not far from Btown so you are in the area of activity!

Will post more soon. So keep your eyes open.
    Now that I've settled into the house, and I have a "preps closet" I am starting to get more into actual prepping (as opposed to gathering info/idea/etc.). I can't believe I missed this MSG thing before. I guess its just too easy to look over the stickies at the top. How does one "get in on" the MSGs? When does the Bloomington group meet? I'm interested in attending.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Now that I've settled into the house, and I have a "preps closet" I am starting to get more into actual prepping (as opposed to gathering info/idea/etc.). I can't believe I missed this MSG thing before. I guess its just too easy to look over the stickies at the top. How does one "get in on" the MSGs? When does the Bloomington group meet? I'm interested in attending.

The Meeting time for MSG3 thread is up now:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/survival_and_disaster_preparedness/69864-msg3_meeting_regularly_now.html

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Has anyone thought about my suggestion awhile back about a different split up on the MSG's?

It's almost unrealistic to expect people from one side of the state to attend meetings when you have a 140 mile wide MSG. I suggested a earlier about an alternate MSG area set up with 7 MSG's that are split down the middle of the state, with Marion being a group by itself and because of the population base, also because Indy can be used as a central hub.

picture.php

It's a base that can be fined tuned a bit, but in a sense it's a little more geographical in tune with where people live.

Also if a crisis would happen, people who you train and are familiar with are going to be to darn far apart for a proper response.

Come on folks, input!!!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Has anyone thought about my suggestion awhile back about a different split up on the MSG's?

It's almost unrealistic to expect people from one side of the state to attend meetings when you have a 140 mile wide MSG. I suggested a earlier about an alternate MSG area set up with 7 MSG's that are split down the middle of the state, with Marion being a group by itself and because of the population base, also because Indy can be used as a central hub.

picture.php

It's a base that can be fined tuned a bit, but in a sense it's a little more geographical in tune with where people live.

Also if a crisis would happen, people who you train and are familiar with are going to be to darn far apart for a proper response.

Come on folks, input!!!

I guess it could. We had done MSG3Central, or just MSG3C there for a bit and I probably should have used that language. Frankly, just getting people to meet and be active is the point, call it whatever you want. Well, keep it clean..

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville

picture.php

Come on folks, input!!!

I like this. However, it is probably already in use whether we know it or not. Most people are going not going to travel across the state, as you already stated, so that kinda makes it like this map by technicality. I think it would be a good idea to start saying "Area 2 west/central/east" for example. Helps people know where you or the meeting point is without having to know every town in IN.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

picture.php

Come on folks, input!!!

I think it's a good idea. I agree that the MSGs as they stand now are really too large to be effective in any sort of true SHTF situation, and also make it fairly difficult for everyone who is interested to meet as a group.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'd probably end up with multiple MSG's, based on various scenarios

. Living in Marion Co, I could see participating in Johnson, Morgan, Monroe and Brown Co if an EMP hit and I couldn't make it to Martin Co where my parents live. At least those are counties I'd be passing through on my way south along 37.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    "Private" better than "public"

It was posted very early that maybe a get-it-together exercise could happen in a park or wildlife area. "Get-it-together" is good, but it would be better run in some Member's volunteered woodland, farmland etc. We would be reality-testing our individual and combined survivability skills to find weak points, "test-to-failure" in both organization and equipment. I'm not so sure we'd want J.&J. Public in on this. Sure, we might gain some supporters, but the Progressive Press would go nutz, and not in our favor! "An occupation" was what we called this in Europe when our unit got a 3 or 4 day pass, and didn't want to spend it in town or on base in the Club playing slots 'n' sluts, or getting Blottski on local brews. Each would BYOB, in effect, and make it into the local forests. "Soft Survival Skills", y'know? Invitation-only, no broads. Good behavior was exhibited, or you got to take a hike back to the Station. Do we have that much woodland area among the membership? A later special-event would also include marksmanship, but that's another story. Also, if you are a member of a Tea Party group, it's easy to tell by the "uniform" which guys and gals are of "Woodlands Camo" persuasion. Exchange conversation and e-mails with these types. Patriots are all around you. Introduce yourself. Add a member to INGO. Pat.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom