• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I have a CVA .50 inline that I got nearly 10 years ago and never loaded or fired. 2 months after I bought it, my house burned to the ground and I lost everything but my guns in the fire. The breech plugs were in a cabinet and never seen again. Does anyone have an old/extra 209 CVA breech plug dirty/gunky whatever, laying around that they'd take $5 or $10 + shipping for? I can get a new one for about $20, but I'm recently laid off and pinching pennies. This may belong in WTB classifieds but its such a stupid little thing I don't think anyone is actually LOOKING to sell. One more thing, Is there anyone in the New Castle or Greenfield area that can pull a slug for me? My dad brought me his old sidelock ML. It got soaked in the fire then soaked in oil by him, but apparently it's been loaded for 10 years. I don't plan on EVER shooting this ML but would really appreciate if someone could donate 5 minutes of their time to pull the slug for me. I just got a new ML cleaning kit, and it came with everything BUT the ball puller. Like I said I'm pinching pennies and can't justify spending $ on the puller for a 1 time thing. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Put the piece in the trunk and go to some gunsmiths and see if they have a used one sitting in their parts bins. You never know... You can do this while interviewing and such. Gives you an added bonus to the search! Always helped me to relax to have something else to do while looking.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Put the piece in the trunk and go to some gunsmiths and see if they have a used one sitting in their parts bins. You never know... You can do this while interviewing and such. Gives you an added bonus to the search! Always helped me to relax to have something else to do while looking.

Not a bad idea. The job hunt gets tedious and frustrating really quick.

Top Bottom