0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Love my savage smokeless.
    2700 fps
    VERY ACCURATE
    A true 300 yard muzzle loader
    No cleaning like with black powder rifles
    Had a knight in line which was a great shooter and killed many deer with.
    Have several side locks T/C hawkin and Renegade which works well also.
    What ever you choose,I would skip using pellets and use loose powder, FFF or paradox.
    The Encores are nice also.
    Go inline for sure with shotgun primer and shoot sabots.
    I don't believe Savage makes the smokeless anymore. A guy at work has 2. I checked into buying one but they were not listed anymore. And he wont sale me one.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have shot a T/C Omega for about 15 years. I bought it when they 1st came out. bought it ay Galyans So its been a minute. That will tell you its It is a tack driver I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 4x12x40 on top.. 240 gr. XTP mag, 2 50gr triple 777 pellets.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    it's probably too late to learn the necessary skills to shoot AND hunt with a muzzleloader this year. you really need to look at local gun shops to get a fell for the various types of guns. they range from rather heavy & long barreled to compact and light. you will find one then can prepare for next year enjoy the venison you already have and good luck.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I don't believe Savage makes the smokeless anymore. A guy at work has 2. I checked into buying one but they were not listed anymore. And he wont sale me one.

You are correct, Savage does not make them anymore. You can find one used on Gunbroker, but expect to pay $600 or more for one. I love my ML II but at that price, I think I would be a lot more likely to pony up an extra $250 for a CVA Paramount. The Paramount is not smokeless but that's the only downside I see it to it compared to the Savage. Of course, there is no need to invest that fully into your first muzzleloader.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    One thing about bp guns in general, they depreciate like mad. So if you want to save a lot of money, buy used. Just inspect the barrel carefully for corrosion. Personally I use an older Thompson Center Renegade with a .54 Cal Green Mountain long range Hunter barrel on it. The original barrel was terribly corroded from the previous owner shooting and not cleaning.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Opening day I had a doe at 130 yards. Just caught a glimps of her. I got lucky and she hooked around behind me at my 7 o'clock. I had to wait for 30 minutes with my crosshairs on her. I got lucky and was able to rest my gun of the climbing strap on my stand. She was in real thing saplings and green briars. So my 30 minutes of patience paid off. Doe tagged, 130lbs. Biggest doe I have shot in about 10 years. My hunting partner also took a nice doe that day at 2pm she dressed at 116lbs. Beautiful Morgan county deer. Butchered today and now in the freezer. That's #4 for me for the season

Top Bottom