• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TClem24

Plinker
    Jan 3, 2009
    Plainfield
    I'm also really thinking of getting a muzzleloader next and i really want to get the ones with interchangible barrels. If most people would recommend a encore and where they have gotten theirs for a good price let me know, just want something new to mess around with.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i defintally recomend the encore. its probably my farvoite gun. i can shoot 250yds with ease. the way i sight in i have to aim 13 inches high. with my 243 barrel i can shoot .5 moa with reloads and haven't even measured where my lands are yet. the only down side is you have to buy a new scope with each barrel or switch scopes all the time. if you get one i also recomend a trigger job. bellmtc has the kit i used on the 4 ive done. the triggers on the tc come heavy from the factory (5-7lbs). i tested mine and it was 6lbs 5oz i called tc about getting them to lighten the trigger and they said they would lighten it to 5lbs wich is still entirly to heavy for me.

i also recomend the prohunter over the encore. the only diffrence is 2 extra inches of barrel, flextech stock, swing hammer, and speed breach on the muzzleloader. the barrel length and speed breach are the big reasons i chose the prohunter.

as far as buying one, you can find them lightly used this time of year if you look around. dealers will work with you more because deer season is so far off. and individuals forget they will need it again in 7 months. i have bought a prohunter the last 2 consectuive years because he buys a newone for deer season and around this time of year decides he wants to sell it and get something more usful in the summer. then in deer season he remembers he needs it.

Top Bottom