• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Seems to me like they're stretching the definition of a muzzleloader. I like the concept, but since only the bullet is loaded from the muzzle and not the powder, it is a step away from the whole spirit of primitive arms. Will have to see how big of a departure the ATF and the DNR see it as.

One nice thing about muzzleloader season is the reduced number of hunters out there, less pressure on the deer, perhaps a chance to get that nice buck during the late rut that you saw during archery and firearms but never had the opportunity to pull the trigger. As a firearms enthusiast, I think it is a cool idea, I'd even like to own one. As a deer hunter, I'm not nearly as enthused.

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    Yes, we know. So where's the problem? The bullet it still loaded from the muzzle as required.

In seeking clarification of the regulations and speaking to the DNR, this does not qualify as a muzzleloader in Indiana currently. That is the DNR's interpretation of this weapon and the current regulations, not my personal opinion.

Interestingly, it also does not currently qualify as a rifle for deer hunting purposes in Indiana, as there is no 'cartridge' to measure. The weapon is really caught in a conundrum in Indiana currently.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think this one was mentioned.
    So would this also be "Muzzle Loading" since it loads from the front?

4MYZm4B.jpg

[video=youtube;1ToTLgnoJvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToTLgnoJvI[/video]

https://www.traditionsfirearms.com/category/Crackshot-xbr-arrow-launching-rifle

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    In seeking clarification of the regulations and speaking to the DNR, this does not qualify as a muzzleloader in Indiana currently. That is the DNR's interpretation of this weapon and the current regulations, not my personal opinion.

Interestingly, it also does not currently qualify as a rifle for deer hunting purposes in Indiana, as there is no 'cartridge' to measure. The weapon is really caught in a conundrum in Indiana currently.

Interesting, the hunting regulations says the following "A muzzleloading gun must be capable of being loaded only from the muzzle." while the actual code says "A muzzleloading gun must be capable of being loaded only from the muzzle, including bothpowder and bullet." So by code you're absolutely correct and the Hunting Guide leaves out that critical component which is sure to lead to more confusion like mine.

Top Bottom