• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Possibly, depends on how bad the pitting is, and where. Typically the bottom is the worst, towards the muzzle is in better shape. You will get more build up of plastic or lead in a rough bore, depending on what projectiles you choose. Might try the copper plated Powerbelts, not necessarily super accurate, but easy to load and shouldn't leave too much crap behind. welcome to the forum!!

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I had a Knight that I didn't get good and clean and got a rusty spot about 2" long in the center of the barrel. I cleaned the crap out of it but you could always feel a patch drag across it. But it never hurt the accuracy a bit. May not always be the case, but not always the end of the world either.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    My cheap muzzeloader barrel is so pitted I'm honestly embarassed to admit I let it get so bad... BUT, I still get 2" groups at 100yds, well above my limit of "minute of deer". Best advice: shoot n' see (not the targets).

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Years ago, I left mine loaded too long after deer season and pitted up the very bottom of the breech. The only time it's a problem is when I run a patch down, it hangs up at the bottom. I have a ramrod that's a couple of feet longer than the barrel and that helps when I swab out the bore between shots. The gun still shoots as good as it ever did.

Top Bottom