• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    looks purty....but did you do something about the bolt release and mag release or does the kid kit take care of that? I found out at the mini appleseed I took that those were frustrating issues and have since fixed them.....the bolt release I did with the dremel I think the instructions are on the 10/22 site...might want to google that....
    I hightly recommend taking it to an appleseed...you won't regret the time spent at one of those....They have them often at Cloverale....hmmmm mabe I need to make some more changes to mine......? :>)

tom

opps noticed you are in SW Indiana.....I think they have some Appleseed activities in Evansville too.....

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    looks purty....but did you do something about the bolt release and mag release? I found out at the mini appleseed I took that those were frustrating and have since fixed them.....the bolt release I did with the dremel I think the instructions are on the 10/22 site...might want to google that....
    I hightly recommend taking it to an appleseed...you won't regret the time spent at one of those....They have them often at Cloverale..

tom

yep..has the auto bolt release and extended "speed" mag release {1 finger mag drops} I'll be going to my first full appleseed next month..went to a mini last month.
    this rifle started out as my LTR..but Ive always wanted to "build" my own 10/22 and kinda got bit by the bug and couldnt stop buying parts:): this will be my LTR but the end result as you see above is geared more for a light weight hunter. Ill build my full time LTR out of the left over parts from this gun.{wife will use it as well} just need to get ahold of a receiver.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Threaded Barrel??

not yet..didnt wanna pay the extra $50 or whatever it is for a threaded bbl..I decided that Ill have it threaded when it comes time for me to get a can. I can get it done for next to nothing..might just have to pay for the thread protector.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    hahaha... you put a kidd trigger in it? and didnt want to pay for it to be prethreaded?

guess you can also ask why I put a $300 trigger in it and then stuck a $150 barrel on top..or a $80 stock. this wasnt a "money is no object" build,if it was I would have a kidd light weight barrel and I would of went with a nice walnut stock. if I decide to have the barrel threaded later that is no problem..my uncle owns a machine shop,he'll do it for me for free and all Ill have to do is buy a thread protector..or he may be willing to make me one:dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Holy Batman
    batman.gif

One year old thread resurrection by three noobs.

Was the stock bought with that color or did you do that?

She looks good!!

Looks real nice, Have you shot it much yet?

Top Bottom