• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Pretty straight forward.... I want to put a "little" scope on this guy, but I don't want anything drilled into the furniture, nor am I about to machine anything into the barrel. Soooo.... considering I'm somewhat of a noob at mounting scopes on old rifles, what kind of options or things should I be looking at?

TIA

P1090294.jpg

P1090295.jpg

P1010400.jpg

P1010399.jpg

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I cannot understand why people want to scope these fine old .22 rifle. They were designed to kill squirrels up in tall trees,with the iron sights that are on them!

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh I know quite well how straight she shoots as is now. I was just curious with good ammo, how good she is beyond 100 yards. That's why I also don't want to drill and tap anything.

Now here is where some of you lost me.... you guys are saying I can't fab up some sort of bracket that I could screw down using say the two rear screws that hold the stock to the reciever. Then maybe fab something for the front.... I dunno.... what I do know, is I have seen one or two with a scope on them, but I can't recall how they were mounted... I want to say the one was a side mount of sorts...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Oh I know quite well how straight she shoots as is now. I was just curious with good ammo, how good she is beyond 100 yards. That's why I also don't want to drill and tap anything.

Now here is where some of you lost me.... you guys are saying I can't fab up some sort of bracket that I could screw down using say the two rear screws that hold the stock to the reciever. Then maybe fab something for the front.... I dunno.... what I do know, is I have seen one or two with a scope on them, but I can't recall how they were mounted... I want to say the one was a side mount of sorts...

No that wont work. There is only 1 screw on the reciever and you will need atleast 2 points of contact to keep the mount from moving.

Like you Ive seen scopes mounted on they aswell, but they were drilled and tapped.

Top Bottom