• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got pulled over back in May at 3:30am for having no working license plate lights (both bulbs were burnt out). Got a warning out of that one and all was said and done in a matter of about 2 minutes. So the moral of the story is go outside and check your license plate lights.

Best post in the thread, make them have to come up with a really creative reason for pulling you over, don't hand them one.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Last story I read of someone getting pulled over with license plate lights out ended up with 3 minor females being stripped searched at a fire station.

Also, Officer Chompy is never wrong, even when he is wrong he is not wrong.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So you're saying a cop said he actually found an arrestable offense, told your son if he confessed to it - there was nothing he could legally do, and then destroyed evidence himself...?
    Yeah. That sounds plausible.
    Or maybe he told your son a big fat lie hoping he'd hit pay dirt.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Last story I read of someone getting pulled over with license plate lights out ended up with 3 minor females being stripped searched at a fire station.

Also, Officer Chompy is never wrong, even when he is wrong he is not wrong.

lemme fix that for you.... one night last week I stopped prolly 10 cars for plate light violations. I didn't strip search anyone, but I did arrest one driver on an open warrant. Oh, I didn't write any tickets either....

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Best post in the thread, make them have to come up with a really creative reason for pulling you over, don't hand them one.

lemme fix that for you.... one night last week I stopped prolly 10 cars for plate light violations. I didn't strip search anyone, but I did arrest one driver on an open warrant. Oh, I didn't write any tickets either....

Well, I reckon I'm in the minority, but I'll say.... THANK YOU for doing your job. :rockwoot:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    back when i was in highschool ~8 years ago, my car got searched during a random dog search of school grounds. They found seeds(gasp! yes real ones). they hasseled me but didn't charge me. which leads me to believe they can't press charges for seeds.
    Oh, they can, for sure.... one of my friends in HS had the same happen to him but they DID press charges... he went to court, plead his case, judge agreed to "wipe his slate clean" if he agreed to rehab etc etc etc...

He completely 100% turned his life around after that and he is a wonderful father and husband today...

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I was doing the drug screens at our klink for a while. The brand was I-cup. It had a self contained test, so that when you watered the cup, it ran the test. You are probably no ignorant, just ignorant of your kids unlawful behavior. I can't say testing your kid is a good notion, not if you're the kind that would share a joint with him, but if you want the unadulterated truth. Whiz quiz. You can find home drug tests on amazon.com

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    When I was just out of high school, my truck got hit by Officer BiteYaInDaAss... I know my truck was clean, FOR A FACT. Long story short, it got tossed, I got cuffed, er I mean detained, they found nothing, I laughed (probably was in poor taste, but I was 19, hell).. And I got to go have a great night aside that little 40 minutes from hell.

If your kid was in the right, and from the way it sounds, he was, stand by him. Back him up, and be supportive. If it happens again (same cop, etc.) I would be asking for an explanation.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have no first hand knowledge, but I believe that without chemical analysis, marijuana seeds are indistinguishable from black grains of sand. A cop tells me he's found marijuana seeds in my car's carpet, I'd just say, "Really? What a load of bull$#!%. Arrest me or let me go."

P.S. I drive an ex-police cruiser. Wouldn't surprise me if the former owners "spilled" some, whether on purpose or accidentally.

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but that is absolutely incorrect. Marijuana seeds look like marijuana seeds. They're easy to distinguish.

Edit: now that I've read the rest of the thread, I see this has already been mentioned.

So to add... I drove a 2000 CVPI for about 3 years. It certainly wasn't the fastest car I've ever driven, but it handled well and LOVED to do 80-90 mph. It could go like that ALL DAY LONG. If someone needs a cheap car, they can do much worse than a CVPI.

Last edited:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Saturday night 11:30pm. My 17 yr old son had just dropped of his girlfriend after the homecoming dance. His license plate light was was out, which is why he got pulled over. He later told me he was very nervous, & shaking like a leaf. The Brownsburg cop said the shaking was cause for him to believe my son was on drugs, so he called for the canine units, & searched his car.

The cop searching the car came back & said he found marijuana seeds in the back seat, and brushed them out onto the ground, but found nothing else.

My questions are;
    Are seeds a problem?
    If he really did find seeds, would a cop just "brush them onto the ground", or was that a lie to try to get him to confess to something?

No citations were issued.

I found the problem. I will never live in Bburg, and the PD is the only reason.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I found the problem. I will never live in Bburg, and the PD is the only reason.

Agreed, I know Hendricks Co doesn't take child sexual abuse seriously and when they find out they were wrong and now it's gone on for a year longer than necessary you don't even get an apology. I guess Brownsburgs not much better.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

Come on,don't they issue you guys saps anymore?
    Those damn things hurt. Someone had to get mouthy and need an attitude adjustment.:)

Good job sir

Top Bottom