• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    Picked this up 3 weeks ago at a good price, some of you may remember my post that day. Out of the box this Remington has been very impressive. First 200 rounds, 1 FTF, now with over 1000 rounds, including JHP, 100% run time!

picture.php

The trigger was OK, but not great, a little gritty, and didn't break cleanly. So you know how when you start a project and it just keeps going... well, she's done now.

picture.php

picture.php

I added:
    ED BROWN - 1911 AUTO NATIONAL MATCH TRIGGER
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 AUTO "BULLET PROOF" CONCEALMENT GRIP SAFETY & HAMMER
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 AUTO EXTENDED THUMB SAFETY
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 AUTO PROOF® STAINLESS STEEL EXTRACTOR
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 XP FIRING PIN RETURN SPRING
    WILSON COMBAT - FIRING PIN, BULLET PROOf, TITANIUM

The sear was re-ground and the sear spring adjusted. Hammer falls right at 3 lbs trigger pull, just right for me!

Went to the range Tuesday to check her out, :D:D:D

Last edited:

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Picked this up 3 weeks ago at a good price, some of you may remember my post that day. Out of the box this Remington has been very impressive. First 200 rounds, 1 FTF, now with over 1000 rounds, including JHP, 100% run time!

picture.php

The trigger was OK, but not great, a little gritty, and didn't break cleanly. So you know how when you start a project and it just keeps going... well, she's done now.

picture.php

picture.php

I added:
    ED BROWN - 1911 AUTO NATIONAL MATCH TRIGGER
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 AUTO "BULLET PROOF" CONCEALMENT GRIP SAFETY & HAMMER
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 AUTO EXTENDED THUMB SAFETY
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 AUTO PROOF® STAINLESS STEEL EXTRACTOR
    WILSON COMBAT - 1911 XP FIRING PIN RETURN SPRING
    WILSON COMBAT - FIRING PIN, BULLET PROOf, TITANIUM

The sear was re-ground and the sear spring adjusted. Hammer falls right at 3 lbs trigger pull, just right for me!

Went to the range Tuesday to check her out, :D:D:D

Very nice job! That R1 looks great. I can't wait for Remington to come out with a railed model. Their whole line right now looks pretty good as is. Especially that Enhanced TB... :drool:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Did you do the machining for the beavertail? It looks great. Good job! 3 lbs...sounds Old School. Did you used to shoot Bullseye?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Gorgeous. Remington has really impressed me, although I admit I haven't handled one of the enhanced guns. Just the base R1.

It is surprisingly accurate, I wasn't really expecting that from a Remington. Like you, I will also change the trigger, it is a lil sloppy. Nice R1!

Wait until I get done with mine :)

Show off!:D I enjoy seeing your projects sgt.

Last edited:

Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    Did you do the machining for the beavertail? It looks great. Good job! 3 lbs...sounds Old School. Did you used to shoot Bullseye?

Thanks!

Yes, I did all the work but, it was under the guidance of a retired gunsmith, and of course he had the jigs and stones I needed. Never shot competitively, 3 lbs just feels and works right for me, but you got the old school part right.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I saw one of these for sale on here, and thought about snatching it up. just for the fun fact of owning it! but wasn't just sold on it yet.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    NICE

Sweet piece! Youre never done! Im never done, or I get bored and want to move on :):

Next youre gonna want to go ambi, get some checkering, night sight install possibly have to dove tail the slide. You know, youve got time and the Remington is a great foundation when the sky is the limit!

Are those factory grips? They look grippy and I dig grippy grips!:rockwoot:

Nevermind I saw the first pic with the hardwood unless those are extra grips from Rem but they look like VZ grips which you did not list in your upgrade stats. I would have listed them but again I dig grippy grips and the grippier the better

Last edited:

Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    Sweet piece! Youre never done! Im never done, or I get bored and want to move on :):

Next youre gonna want to go ambi, get some checkering, night sight install possibly have to dove tail the slide. You know, youve got time and the Remington is a great foundation when the sky is the limit!

Are those factory grips? They look grippy and I dig grippy grips!:rockwoot:

Nevermind I saw the first pic with the hardwood unless those are extra grips from Rem but they look like VZ grips which you did not list in your upgrade stats. I would have listed them but again I dig grippy grips and the grippier the better

Grips are from Strike Industries, listed as golf ball pattern, yes, very grippy and also a good price... :rockwoot:

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    Looks good, nice choice for a project. I almost bought the same one a few months back. I end up going with a springfield though, thinking about making a few mods to it and making it a little better.

Mayhem7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Plainfield
    I picked up a remington r1 enhanced from Plainfield shooting supply a few months back and I love it, shoots great and the trigger feels good, not sure how the trigger adjustment works on it yet haven't messed with it too much, only shot it once and now ammo is hard to find to feed her...:(

Top Bottom