• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nazi marked Polish 9mm Radom. The Germans overran Poland in 1939 and promptly took over the munitions factories. The pistol designated P35 was deemed a good design and the Germans kept it in production. There are four different types with variations through the years as the Germans kept simplifying them for quicker production. The first type is Polish marked then later with German proof marks. This is a type 2 first configuration. It is basically a Browning design but instead of a safety lever, there is a takedown lever for dissasembling the pistol. It has the grip safety like a 1911. The lever on the slide is a decocker. This one is in pretty good shape with only a couple of pit marks on the right side.

left.jpg

leftclose.jpg

rightt.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They are soft shooters. I have 2. They seem to be going up in price. My P series (black grips) I bought about 5 yrs ago and my second M series (with wood grips) I bought 4 yrs ago. I only paid 250.00 or so for it. I think I paid 600.00 for the first one from a local shop. Both are all matching, non-imports. My P series looks much like yours.
    PRadom1.jpg

PRadom2.jpg

MRadom1.jpg

MRadom2.jpg

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Denny, I thing your P block is the Type 2 second configuration. The only difference that I know is the Eagle/77 changed from Eagle/WaA77.

Your M block I am guessing is possibly a typ 2 or 3 with replacement grips but I cannot find my info.

I paid $565 before taxes, so around $600 out the door. I thought that a reasonable price.

I hope to be able to take it to the range soon.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think that all y'all who have the Radoms for under $600 have scored!!

I'd LOVE to have one due to their historicity and overall "cool" factor. I personally wouldn't want one with Nazi markings, though.

Either way, OP, good find!!!!!!

-J-

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, that bad thing about Nazi Radoms is that they are more likely to have been made with forced labor from the camps. I read somewhere that 1000 Jews were sent to one munitions factory to work, don't know which one, in Poland while the remaining were sent to the extermination camps. Awfully sad. Even so, it is a piece of history. The pre-war Polish eagle radoms are getting pretty pricey.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny, I thing your P block is the Type 2 second configuration. The only difference that I know is the Eagle/77 changed from Eagle/WaA77.

Your M block I am guessing is possibly a typ 2 or 3 with replacement grips but I cannot find my info.

I paid $565 before taxes, so around $600 out the door. I thought that a reasonable price.

I hope to be able to take it to the range soon.
    Yeah, the M is the same time frame as the P (type 2) but somewhere down the line, the original plastic grip panels were replaced with these wooded ones. The wooded ones are old and show lots of wear so they must have been replaced a long time ago. As you see it is how I bought it.
    You did good getting yours for that price. They are not getting any cheaper. These are my favorite WWII pistols.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Radoms are great historical shooters, origional mags are harder to find than the guns these days though.:)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Well Hoosier, did our pounding and lubing help? (whoops, that sounds rather bad) :D I know you still had some jamming issues even so.

Gotta get that puppy running and come back out to Eagle Creek, can't wait to see that babe in action! :)

shainiac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Downtown Indy
    Maybe a noob question, but is based on the TT-33 design? I know it has many features the TT does not, but I wonder if they are similar enough to convert to 7.62x25 for cheap shooting? Just a thought.

Alex

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is based on the Browning design. It is basically a 1911 in 9mm without a thumb safety.

Disposable, yes and no, it eventually would fire the last 3 rounds in succession but since I do not have another mag to test with, I will have to take some time a play around with it to see what I can do. I still think the extractor is out of spec. I may be a bit timid to do too much to it but will try. I may look for a second mag, at least to test with.

Top Bottom