• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    I just started prepping since joining this site. After seeing what everyone else has I wanted to make my own "B.O.B"

With that being said here is my first bug out bag list...

Bag was purchased from walmart for $26 bucks, for a first bag I think it fits for its needs as of now.

2-bandanas
    1 5x7 tarp
    1 pair of mechanics gloves
    1 4x5 fleece blanket
    2 stainless steel water bottles w/ carabiner attached to top
    1 hand crank led flashlight
    1 D cell flashlight w/4 extra batteries
    1 led lantern w/12 extra batteries
    compass/whistle/magnifying glass
    bottle opener
    toe nail clipper
    different color zip ties at various lengths
    6 glow sticks. 2-red, 2-blue, 2-white
    150ft nylon cord
    3 ink pens
    3 memo pads
    2 tooth brushes
    4 pack waterproof matches
    zippo lighter
    can of butane
    5 zip lock baggies
    13 small candles
    zip lock of dryer lint
    extra pair of socks
    2 hunting knives (1 not pictured)
    foot powder spray
    sunscreen
    100 ct ibuprofen
    20 ct Bayer
    72 ct anti dihedral
    bug repellant
    bottle of germ-x
    160 assorted band-aids
    2 body wraps Large
    3 small wrap tapes
    bottle of liquid band-aid
    bottle of orajel
    cold compress
    50 Q tips
    50 iodine/alcohol wipes
    neosporen
    22 ct body/foot warmers

Not Pictured
    hatchet, collapsible baton, tooth paste, deodorant, and butt wipes.

fully loaded the bag weighs 16.3 pounds.

100_2138.jpg

100_2137.jpg

100_2136.jpg

100_2135.jpg

Let me know if I can add or take out anything, this is my first one and I do tend to make a summer and winter bag. The girlfriend is in the process of making one for her self also. So if I am missing something please feel free to help/express what I could or should do.

Thanks,
    Carl

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    The first thing i noticed missing was a gun. I assume you have an EDC setup as well which hopefully has a handgun and some extra ammo in there as well.

Water: I didnt see any filters or purifaction tablets. You may wanna get some of those

Medical: You have a pretty good booboo kit but if your carrying a gun you should probably have a trauma kit on you as well. Tourniquets, quick clot (combat gauze series), halo seals, nasal airway tube w/gel, decompression needle, and some extra gauze

Food: Maybe get a few MRE's or some Mountain House stuff just incase

Reading Material: Maybe a survival guide and a book of eatable plants, Maps of the general area and your BOL if you have one

I also am building my BOB right now so i am too a learner so im sure some of the more expienced guys will be on shortly. Good start!!

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Medical: You have a pretty good booboo kit but if your carrying a gun you should probably have a trauma kit on you as well. Tourniquets, quick clot (combat gauze series), halo seals, nasal airway tube w/gel, decompression needle, and some extra gauze

Before you buy this stuff learn to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One NPA does not fit everyone! There are only 2 spots to use decompression needle on each side!

How far away are you bugging out to?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Before you buy this stuff learn to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One NPA does not fit everyone! There are only 2 spots to use decompression needle on each side!

How far away are you bugging out to?

I also forgot to put that!! Thank you
    Most of that stuff requires some training to be able to know how to use it correctly. Use it wrong and itll do more harm then good. Make sure to read up on them and take a basic EMT class if youd like.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    indeed +1 on the butt wipes, i know it might be odd me being a guy but i love them things! and it does not matter if they get wet and dont take up much space at all :)

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    May I suggest some 550 cord...you'd be suprised how much fits in a little stuff sack (clipped outside your ruck). Learn a half dozen knots and the stuff becomes almost as handy as duct tape. Throw in a few carabiners too!

As for baby wipes...those things are awesome. Perfect for a 1 minute field shower plus your crack is always clean!

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    a headlamp will free your hands for doing other things - [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-61052-Septor-Headlamp-Strap/dp/B00064YL7S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1331347096&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: Streamlight 61052 Septor LED Headlamp with Strap: Home Improvement[/ame]

+1 on the paracord and carbiners. - these are pretty nice too - http://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...rope-tightener-with-rope/p-1455976-c-9116.htm

I'm a fan of the mirrors on a long handle with a pivot. I got mine at Autozone. Looks like an oversize dental mirror with a pivot. Seems like I could use one for a lot of different things.

Last edited:

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    using different knots is something that i honestly need to learn about....but a great idea for the headlamp! i will have to check in AA battery due to not wanting to carry a variety of batteries. after thinking about this more a map of the area would also be beneficial.

i hear those iodine tablets really make the water taste like crap....but is that a substitute for boiling the water or just a extra precaution?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    May I suggest some 550 cord...you'd be suprised how much fits in a little stuff sack (clipped outside your ruck). Learn a half dozen knots and the stuff becomes almost as handy as duct tape. Throw in a few carabiners too!

As for baby wipes...those things are awesome. Perfect for a 1 minute field shower plus your crack is always clean!

Nice crack reference.
    Good job on a first effort. Have you read through some of the threads in here dedicated to this or was this off the cuff. A lot of info in the sticky about BOB and carramrod did a good piece on his.
    Good effort.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I look at iodine tables this way....I'd rather drink crappy tasting water than catch a bug or spend too much time/effort boiling it...especally if you're on the go.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I like my steripen, got it for 35 bucks new! It's an adventurer opti. I haven't seen them for that price since.

I like pelican boxes for stuff. I keep my steripen in one.
    Look up Eton NOAA radios, I got one has a crank, gets the NOAA weather and FM/AM channels, has a flashlight, and a usb port for crank charging a phone or other usb powered devices (better eat your wheaties if you have a smartphone though just to get a few minutes.
    I would add a firesteel, maybe a little steel wool if you do carry your phone
    jock itch/athlete's foot antifungal cream could possibly be a moral improver (i see you have a foot powder spray)

Last edited:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Remember, store stuff inside of those metal bottles. You can get alot of stuff inside of one of those wide mouth bottles.

2012-03-10011253.jpg

This one contains emergency poncho, paracord, fishing kit (inside mini Altoid tin), waterproof matches, two fire starting packets, mini bic lighter, several feet of duck tape, multi tool, emergency blanket, flashlight with extra batteries, two scalpel blades, water purification tablets, and a whistle w/compass, and magnification lens attached. There is also a solar thumb light clipped to the lid.

Had to wrap the blanket and poncho with ACE Wrap to keep them compressed.

Last edited:

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I think thats a good kit. I use several myself and this one is similiar to one I keep in the car. For some situations I'd use a brown tarp instead of blue. Make the flashlight a nice LED, paracord as was suggested and also work in some food. Pages can be written about food but I start with a 1.25 box of brownies from walmart that'll pack in the calories and wont taste like a clif bar

I just started prepping since joining this site. After seeing what everyone else has I wanted to make my own "B.O.B"

With that being said here is my first bug out bag list...

Bag was purchased from walmart for $26 bucks, for a first bag I think it fits for its needs as of now.

2-bandanas
    1 5x7 tarp
    1 pair of mechanics gloves
    1 4x5 fleece blanket
    2 stainless steel water bottles w/ carabiner attached to top
    1 hand crank led flashlight
    1 D cell flashlight w/4 extra batteries
    1 led lantern w/12 extra batteries
    compass/whistle/magnifying glass
    bottle opener
    toe nail clipper
    different color zip ties at various lengths
    6 glow sticks. 2-red, 2-blue, 2-white
    150ft nylon cord
    3 ink pens
    3 memo pads
    2 tooth brushes
    4 pack waterproof matches
    zippo lighter
    can of butane
    5 zip lock baggies
    13 small candles
    zip lock of dryer lint
    extra pair of socks
    2 hunting knives (1 not pictured)
    foot powder spray
    sunscreen
    100 ct ibuprofen
    20 ct Bayer
    72 ct anti dihedral
    bug repellant
    bottle of germ-x
    160 assorted band-aids
    2 body wraps Large
    3 small wrap tapes
    bottle of liquid band-aid
    bottle of orajel
    cold compress
    50 Q tips
    50 iodine/alcohol wipes
    neosporen
    22 ct body/foot warmers

Not Pictured
    hatchet, collapsible baton, tooth paste, deodorant, and butt wipes.

fully loaded the bag weighs 16.3 pounds.

100_2138.jpg

100_2137.jpg

100_2136.jpg

100_2135.jpg

Let me know if I can add or take out anything, this is my first one and I do tend to make a summer and winter bag. The girlfriend is in the process of making one for her self also. So if I am missing something please feel free to help/express what I could or should do.

Thanks,
    Carl

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Thanks everyone for the ideas! Glad that I have a great start. And that is a great idea to put items in the water bottles. I am I'm the process of getting flashlights that I could use the same batteries (which all would be led)

Top Bottom