• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Well I celebrated my 21st birthday a bit differently then most of my shipmates :40oz:, my big event today was paying for my first gun, a first generation Titanium slide Walther P99 in 9mm. I never thought my first gun would be something that is so :cool: in my mind, and I can't wait :nailbite: for it to be delivered to "Applied Ballistics" next week. While I primarily wanted to brag, I would like to seek some advice from any P99 owners, since this is an internet auction what should I be looking for when I first inspect the gun? I appreciate all the support I have gotten on the forum to get me to this point and I look forward more in the future, thanks all! :ingo:

P.S. I am quite aware that
    :postpics:
    So I will be positing a metric **** ton of :gotpics:once I get it.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I did the same thing for my 21st! :rockwoot:

21531_235228806600_581381600_3655583_7815612_n.jpg

I have only shot a P99 a few times but they are amazing guns. Amazing weapon for sure.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Happy Birthday and congrats on your new present. Of course even though you celebrated yours different than your shipmates, your going to remember yours :laugh:.

Thank you for your service.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Congrats the P99 is a great gun. I have owned one for many years. They are great shooters and possibly one of the most accurate service pistols out there. Not much to inspect. They are very similar to any other striker fired, polymer framed pistol. Clean and light oil similar to a Glock. These originally came with three grip inserts and I believe 4 front sight posts to adjust elevation. It is ok to use the "decock" feature and dry fire. You may need to purchase additional 16 round mags since this gun may have came with 10 rounders originally.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    That P99 looks great. Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Maybe we will bump into each other at Applied Ballistics sometime and you can tell me how you like it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Happy Birthday!!!!!

And congrats on snagging a heck of a Pistol. At a decent price, too. Hopefully the shipping and transfer won't be TOO expensive.

You SHOULD be able to contact S&W and order the front sights. IIRC, they're relatively easy to install / change. Just a little allen/set screw + some thread lock and you're all set.

Holsters aren't the easiest to find, though. Magazines either. Keep that in mind.

The SW99 magazines will work...they're slightly more common than the P99 magazines. Either of them in 9mm are scarce for some reason, and expensive when you do find them.

Sportsman's Warehouse - America's Premier Outfitter

If you're ever near a Sportsman's Warehouse...They generally have GREAT prices on magazines. When the one was still open in Lafayette, I was able to score a few for $25 apiece.

-J-

Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Thank you all for the warm birthday wishes! I so very appreciate your support! Also, this is my 50th post :woot:, so now I can start looking for a P99 to buy on the :ingo: Classifieds... Oh, wait :facepalm:, Never Mind.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thank you all for the warm birthday wishes! I so very appreciate your support! Also, this is my 50th post :woot:, so now I can start looking for a P99 to buy on the :ingo: Classifieds... Oh, wait :facepalm:, Never Mind.

Only a 100 more posts and you can buy a pistol from me! :D :laugh:

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    Well I celebrated my 21st birthday a bit differently then most of my shipmates :40oz:, my big event today was paying for my first gun, a first generation Titanium slide Walther P99 in 9mm. I never thought my first gun would be something that is so :cool: in my mind, and I can't wait :nailbite: for it to be delivered to "Applied Ballistics" next week. While I primarily wanted to brag, I would like to seek some advice from any P99 owners, since this is an internet auction what should I be looking for when I first inspect the gun? I appreciate all the support I have gotten on the forum to get me to this point and I look forward more in the future, thanks all! :ingo:

P.S. I am quite aware that
    :postpics:
    So I will be positing a metric **** ton of :gotpics:once I get it.

I love the P99. Its my favorite gun on the market. I havent got my hands on one yet, and I stress yet. Happy Birthday.

Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Hey, I'm still appreciating the wishes! Better yet, if people want to continue to make donations to the Student Naval Aviator Alcohol Fund, I am more than happy to keep it open...

Top Bottom