• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Mods, I know there is a handgun here too, but I some of the pics have them together, move if need be.

Here are the two plinkers I love to take out. The pistol is the P22 that most here have. It has the brushed SS slide and Damascus Steel Frame.

The rifle is a Walther G22 bullpup. It has the factor Walther 3-9 scope and then I put the bi-pod on it.

FUN GUNS!!!:ar15::ar15:
    P6040003.jpg

P6040010.jpg

P6040006.jpg

P6040013.jpg

P6040011.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    How do you like your G22?

I have one and really like it. I don't see too many of them. I also have the 3x9 scope on mine!

photo.jpg

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I love it. I was looking at it and the GSG carbine at the same time but I decided on the G22 and am glad I did. For one, it came with the case and scope for less than the GSG. Two I was not crazy about the fake can on the carbine, I like yours though, that is sweet!

How do you like your G22?

I have one and really like it. I don't see too many of them. I also have the 3x9 scope on mine!

photo.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I love it. I was looking at it and the GSG carbine at the same time but I decided on the G22 and am glad I did. For one, it came with the case and scope for less than the GSG. Two I was not crazy about the fake can on the carbine, I like yours though, that is sweet!

I only wish you could get higher capacity mags than 10 rounds for the G22.

How do you like the scope?

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I only wish you could get higher capacity mags than 10 rounds for the G22.

How do you like the scope?

Ya or I wish I could fit the mags for my p22 into the g22, I think I could with a little cutting on the stock but I don't feel like doing that.

As for the scope, it is the only gun I own with a scope so I don't have much to compare it to. I can consistanly hit a pieplate at 100 yards using bulk ammo and I have never dialed the scope in. Works for me:D

rinker_32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Darlington, IN
    I have several .22's myself. I'm also curious about how it shoots. I'm now interested in getting one myself. Thanks for the pics....Nice looking 22

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    How about a range report on that G22. Nice plinkers.

Here is a little unofficial range report

I have only shot my G22 3 times, only once at a proper range and it was raining so I was more or less just messing around.

Before I even shot the gun, I had to break it down and play with it. I followed the directions up until the point where it said caution small springs…..at this point I promptly lost one spring and almost another. The spring I lost was the one that resets the magazine indicator. This gun is similar to the P22 in that a magazine has to be inserted in order to fire. That is no longer the case…. The other spring is the bolt hold open lever that makes the bolt lock back on an empty mag, this is handy and I was glad I found it. It was however a pain to install until you get the hang of it.

Overall the gun seems sturdy. It is a little back heavy, but I hear that this is normal with Bullpups. Also a neat feature is that the stock is adjustable for length. My model came with the Walther 3-9 scope which seems pretty good. I have had very limited experience with scopes, but this one seems decent. The gun comes with a built in carry handle, but using a scope makes this non-usable. The rear sight actually slides up from the handle and is adjustable. The front sight post is also adjustable; however it seems a little wide to be very accurate. I have not actually shot using the iron sights.

The gun came with a hard case, 2 10 round mags, and a scope. The spare mag stores in the stock which is nice. The magazine release is a little awkward at first, but quickly becomes second nature. The gun has a rail on the bottom as well as one just under the front sight. Walther does make a lazer specifically for the G22, I may have to pick it up.

Due to the design of a bullpup, right hand models are to only be shot right handed and visa versa. The G22 does allow the internals to be flipped for a left handed user. This does not seem any more difficult that a simple strip and reassembly.

Out of the box the trigger seems a little squishy, I have no idea the weight of pull since I am not all that technical and I do not have a trigger weight tester thingy. I have seen online how some quick adjustments can fix this but I have not tried.

I was first shooting beer bottles downhill at about 50 yards. The gun was shooting about 4” off POA and was easily adjusted. The second time out with the gun was to MCFG and it was raining. I did some 25 and 50 yard shooting, but did not try to really zero due to the rain. I was consistently hitting clays at 50 yards without a problem though. This was using a bipod and Federal bulk ammo.

I was also able to consistently hit the 100 yard gong with all 10 rounds fired rapidly. This gun is a lot of fun, I only wish that you could get mags that were larger cap, or that my P22 mags would fit in it.

I think that once I get it truly sighted in I could get it consistent enough to shoot some tree rats.

Top Bottom