• daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I bit the bullet.

The .300 AAC Blackout bullet. :rockwoot:

I dropped off my worn out SBR upper (Arms Tech Compak 16) at my new gunsmith because I couldn't get the gas trap off to switch out to a Danial Defense Lite rail, and he can't get it off either. Add to that the tough time getting a hold of Arms Tech for their propriatary gas tube (that I also needed) and I made the decision I've been thinking about for some time. I'm going with the .300 for the SBR. Got the Wilson Combat 11.3" stainless barrel ordered, and the Surefire muzzle brake to go with the SOCOM300 SPS I plan to get one day.

Going to be a long two weeks waiting...

TNLongShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    Charlestown
    I'm about to embark on the adventure of building my first upper. I'm trying to decide on the barrel length I want. Mainly this build would be for suppressed work from 25 to 100 yards. I have a Rem 700 chambered in 300 blackout as well for more of a bench gun. I'm thinking 8.5", but today I had two separate instances where 10.5" was recommended (a gunsmith and later a guy at the range shooting a 10.5" build out to 200 yards). I see that there's a little boost in velocity, but I'm wondering if for what I'm building it's worth the extra 2". Also, am I understanding it correctly that an 8.5" barrel may not cycle unsuppressed? My can will probably be on it 99.9% of the time, but I would have to consider the longer length just for that.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm about to embark on the adventure of building my first upper. I'm trying to decide on the barrel length I want. Mainly this build would be for suppressed work from 25 to 100 yards. I have a Rem 700 chambered in 300 blackout as well for more of a bench gun. I'm thinking 8.5", but today I had two separate instances where 10.5" was recommended (a gunsmith and later a guy at the range shooting a 10.5" build out to 200 yards). I see that there's a little boost in velocity, but I'm wondering if for what I'm building it's worth the extra 2". Also, am I understanding it correctly that an 8.5" barrel may not cycle unsuppressed? My can will probably be on it 99.9% of the time, but I would have to consider the longer length just for that.

I can tell you my Noveske 8.2" cycles flawlessly unsuppressed. I'm also very happy I chose the 8.2"

TNLongShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    Charlestown
    I can tell you my Noveske 8.2" cycles flawlessly unsuppressed. I'm also very happy I chose the 8.2"

That's good to know, thanks.

Sometimes I think I should just by a complete upper instead, that the purpose of the rifle doesn't require a match grade barrel, etc. Decisions, decisions! Aero precision has an upper for $440, CBC $310, BCM on the upper end at $640.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    That's good to know, thanks.

Sometimes I think I should just by a complete upper instead, that the purpose of the rifle doesn't require a match grade barrel, etc. Decisions, decisions! Aero precision has an upper for $440, CBC $310, BCM on the upper end at $640.

It wouldn't be a bad idea as long as you can get what you want and not change out parts.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    This is the foundation of the build... My old SBR with a Arms Tech Compak 16 upper.

I will be using my current SBRed lower.

Spikes Tactical forged lower
    DPMS LPG
    Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
    Hogue Overmolded rubber pistol grip
    JP Enterprises trigger, hammer, and springs
    Mil spec buffer tube
    Troy Industries end plate sling mount (will change)
    Enidine AR-restor hydraulic recoil buffer (may have to change)
    Tactical Springs “RED” extra power buffer spring (may have to change)
    Urban-E.R.T. sling.
    VLTOR Clubfoot Modstock carbine stock (will change with the MagPul CTR stock from my 16" AR)

Most of the parts from the upper will stay with the new build.

Tango Down vertical fore grip that contains a complete spare bolt
    Young Manufacturing Chrome M16 National Match BCG
    Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
    Troy Industries front and rear folding BUIS with Tritium inserts
    Aimpoint Comp M4s
    Surefire M300 Mini Scout light

Getting rid of the POF Predator series P-9SX free float rail. This is what started the build. I wanted to change to the Danial Defense Lite rail, but couldn't get the gas trap off, so I took it to the gunsmith, who also couldn't get it off. He boogered up the barrel trying, and when he offered to replace the barrel for me, I had him get a .300 Blackout one. He ordered a Wilson Combat 11.3" stainless 1/8 twist barrel. Going with a Surefire brake since I plan a can in the future.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I have a 8.3 from ballistic advantage. I had Clint build the upper for me and all I can say is it's awsome. I wanted to build it myself but he dialed in the gas perfect. Shoots supers and subs no suppressor no prob. Then the best part when a can is on no gas in face at all. With 300 blk and what you want it for go short. Mine is a 1 inch gun at 200 no prob. Contact Ballistic advantage it's there specialty suppressed guns.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=696x2WWjpvg this is the man here shooting my build.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    As it looks so far. Barrel finally came in. Still waiting for my ammo from bulkammo.com, tracking says out for delivery today.

Not sure if I'll need to change out the buffer or spring to get her running right, (using the old 5.56 SBR lower) but we'll see once I get her to the range.

11.3" .300 Blackout.

Arms Tech Limited Compak-16 upper
    Danial Defense Lite rail
    Tango Down vertical fore grip that contains a complete spare bolt
    Daniel Defense Chrome M16 BCG
    Rainier Arms Raptor charging handle
    Troy Industries front and rear folding BUIS with Tritium inserts
    Aimpoint Comp M4s
    Surefire M300 Mini Scout light
    Stainless 11.3” Wilson Combat 1/8 twist barrel
    Surefire SOCOM flash suppressor

Spikes Tactical lower
    DPMS LPG
    Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
    Hogue Overmolded rubber pistol grip
    JP Enterprises trigger, hammer, and springs
    Mil spec buffer tube
    MagPul CTR stock.

Grimmis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2015
    New Haven
    How do you like that flash hider? I've been trying to find a muzzle device for my 300 BLK AR pistol. The muzzle device I put on was not my greatest idea.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Anyone got leftover parts they might want to get rid of? Was considering swapping the barrel on a 16 inch 223 I bought to customize or just go with something like a Hardened Arms or Primary Arms 10.5 inch 300 Blackout upper assembly.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Not happy about the flash hider. I wanted the muzzle brake. Went Surefire because that's the suppressor I'll get for it one day. It works good enough, but it rings like a damn tuning fork.

Grimmis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2015
    New Haven
    I love the 300 blk round in a short barrell. My only issue is the price of the ammunition. It's hard to get a lot of practice when it costs $15 a mag. I need to get set up the reload it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    That's what kept me from trying the blackout for so long. I may have to get into reloading as well.

We are getting there. Not too long ago, the cheapest I could find was $.75. Now with Magtech and S&B ammo around $.50, it is starting to take a turn for the better.

And yes, I am aware that Ozark is consistently cheaper than that. I just choose not to use it right now.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I am working on my SBR now too. My lower is finished, just waiting on a stamp.\

Build sheet is
    Lower
    PSA Stripped lower
    PSA enhanced polished fire control group
    Magpul grip and trigger guard
    Mission first stock
    Standard H2 buffer for now but will be getting a JP silent buffer

Upper (will be)
    PSA stripped upper
    KAK 8.5" 1:8 barrel
    KAK NiK BCG
    JP Adjustable Gas Block
    UTG Pro Handguard
    Gunfighter charging handle
    YHM flash hider or muzzle break

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I am working on my SBR now too. My lower is finished, just waiting on a stamp.\

Build sheet is
    Lower
    PSA Stripped lower
    PSA enhanced polished fire control group
    Magpul grip and trigger guard
    Mission first stock
    Standard H2 buffer for now but will be getting a JP silent buffer

Upper (will be)
    PSA stripped upper
    KAK 8.5" 1:8 barrel
    KAK NiK BCG
    JP Adjustable Gas Block
    UTG Pro Handguard
    Gunfighter charging handle
    YHM flash hider or muzzle break
    Please report back once your 300blk is setup - I'm curious about the JP silent capture system and want to hear your experience.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Please report back once your 300blk is setup - I'm curious about the JP silent capture system and want to hear your experience.

Will do. It will probably be awhile since I submitted my Form 4 at the beginning of the month. I'll admit that it will be hard spending $225 on a buffer. I've heard great things though.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I have a JP silent buffer. If you want to go to a range sometime to try it out, let me know.

My opinion, much quieter than the cheese grater.

Top Bottom