• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nope, you were right kaveman. The lips are too wide. I may see about picking up another 82 mag and modifying it if I can get one reasonably. So weird that the 27 and 24 can use the same mags, but then again, they're single stack, so that might have something to do with it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Standard rifling. I have doubts about modifying 82 Makarov mags for .32. The .32 mags are grooved to reduce the interior dimensions so rim lock is reduced. But surplus 82 mags can be found for $19 often so why not try I guess.

Picked up my two Friday and they look good. Good internals, grips are scratched a little but decent finish. I have an extra set of plastic grips I think and a pair of CZ walnut grips I can add.

attachment.php

I see what you mean now about the grooves on the sides of the .32 mags snorko. I hadn't noticed that before. This is just going to be a range toy anyway, so maybe I'll just stick with one mag for now.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well I watched the video and am going to try the mod at some point. I have a lot of 82 mags so I have no problem potentially sacrificing one. I may still have some mystery mags that were unmarked but locked in my 82. will try those as well. Just need to get some calipers first.

BTW, in case you did not know, rubber base pads for Beretta 92/96 mags fit the CZ mags. https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=41405.0

Never tried the +2 extenders but that could be fun.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well I watched the video and am going to try the mod at some point. I have a lot of 82 mags so I have no problem potentially sacrificing one. I may still have some mystery mags that were unmarked but locked in my 82. will try those as well. Just need to get some calipers first.

BTW, in case you did not know, rubber base pas for Beretta 92/96 mags fit the CZ mags. https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=41405.0

Never tried the +2 extenders but that could be fun.

I went ahead and ordered a CZ-82 mag and I'm going to play around with it. Worst case, I can put it back and use it in my 82. I'll take my chances on the rim lock thing, but honestly, in all my other .32's (single stack) it's never been an issue.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'm just going by the fact that the guy in the vid modifying the Beretta mags didn't seem to have trouble going to the semi-rimmed .32ACP and the Beretta 81 mags are grooved as well. For range use, not for serious carry, but I don't see myself carrying any of these things seriously anyway.

The 9mm Mak isn't really a 9mm,.....it's 9.3mm and the case is slightly tapered like the 9mmP. Base/rim/neck diameters are all about 0.018" larger than the .380 and the .380 is that much or more again larger than the .32. Not surprised one magazine won't reliably feed them all.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm just going by the fact that the guy in the vid modifying the Beretta mags didn't seem to have trouble going to the semi-rimmed .32ACP and the Beretta 81 mags are grooved as well. For range use, not for serious carry, but I don't see myself carrying any of these things seriously anyway.

The 9mm Mak isn't really a 9mm,.....it's 9.3mm and the case is slightly tapered like the 9mmP. Base/rim/neck diameters are all about 0.018" larger than the .380 and the .380 is that much or more again larger than the .32. Not surprised one magazine won't reliably feed them all.

Right, they're not going to see carry duty (the .32's anyway - I carried the CZ-82 for quite awhile and wouldn't mind carrying it again if I needed to).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My CZ-82 mag finally arrived from Numrich (I'd forgotten I ordered it!), so I may play around with it tomorrow to see if I can modify the feed lips for the .32.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went ahead and did it just now, using the same method as in the Beretta video. Took all of 5 minutes and it seems to be working perfectly. Of course I haven't shot it yet, but it hand cycles with no problems at all and the rounds fit nice, snugly and at the proper angle without being "tight". :rockwoot:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Very cool. I look forward to a range report. I have two 82's with eight or so mags so I definitely will sacrifice one or two for .32 range mags.

Top Bottom