• ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    album.php

saiga769.jpg

I bought this Saiga off a buddy a few months back for $250. I ripped it apart, welded and blended the unused holes, and thats when the fun started.

Trigger guard: I reused the original, after I annealed and reshaped it using one of my other AK's as a template, I re-hardened it, and spot welded the front to the mag catch. FREE

Tapco FCG and Piston: I bought a few 922 compliance kits on clearance from Blackjackbuffers a while back, that included, grip, G2 FCG, and piston. $30

Grip: MD Arms Molot grip and screw. $12 & $7

Stock: The stock came off of another AK after I replaced it with a folder. FREE

4 prong flash hider: The flash hider was in one of my many parts boxes, so I decided why not get the die out and thread the muzzle. FREE

Bolt and Carrier: Bead blasted the bolt and carrier and polished all mating surfaces. FREE

Bullet guide: Carolinashootersupply.com. $15 (Rounded the sharp front edge and polished)

Rear sight: Bead blasted it so it stands out more and is easy to see. FREE

Paint: Epoxy paint I bought for some truck parts. It seemed pretty durable and I had enough left over to paint the gun. $7 (I aluminum oxide blasted the receiver for a good bond)
    :rockwoot:

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Tagged for when you get pics! I did one Saiga conversion and dug it but got such a good trade offer for it, that it had to go.

(It looks like you're trying to link the direct page and not the photo link. "https" means it is secure as well. Uploading to a host like photobucket is best.)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Very cool! It's stuff like this that proves you don't need to spend a bunch of money to make a good looking and functioning firearm!

I did my saiga 308 conversion for just shy of $100.

CSS just has great prices, I had to buy all the parts besides the stock, which I had laying around.

Only took about 2 hours of work because the spot welds on the clinton plate were being stubborn.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Very cool! It's stuff like this that proves you don't need to spend a bunch of money to make a good looking and functioning firearm!

I did this rifle with the intention of using up some parts I had laying around and doing things to it that most people have to pay for or buy specialty tools to do (welding, bead blasting, muzzle threading, polishing, etc.) and I can do for FREE.
    I have about $320 in the WHOLE rifle! :)::rockwoot:

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I did this rifle with the intention of using up some parts I had laying around and doing things to it that most people have to pay for or buy specialty tools to do (welding, bead blasting, muzzle threading, polishing, etc.) and I can do for FREE.
    I have about $320 in the WHOLE rifle! :)::rockwoot:

Speaking of threading...........:):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom