• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I just received this letter in my e-mail today as I am getting ready to leave in the morning for my Alma Mater's homecoming weekend. Seems the school St John's will be playing against has decided as a team and school that they will refuse to pay honor to our Nation's Anthem and Flag. The President of the school has made it very clear what the Corp of Cadets expect from a visiting team and I hope he stands by this division. I will be there and will support my school regardless of the outcome.

456e86b4-6edd-49d7-92b0-5e0856a60f56_zps3bsqyjw8.jpg

e342c4ad-4ae5-4ee5-9591-5059c0ca8b0d_zpsvxp2j7hc.jpg

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    GOOD for them!! I'm truly ashamed that this stooped to the scholastic level! More schools , businesses & individuals need to stop this stupidity, and show total respect to where this nation has come from. We have a great nation here! Disrespecting the flag & nation in what some would call peaceful protest has a lot more ramifications in the long run than many may expect. It's teaching the wrong message to the world & our young, that everything that many have worked for & some have died for is not worth showing respect for what we HAVE accomplished as a nation. Personally I'm sick of this "peaceful protest"!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    In my opinion not only would they be disrespecting Flag and Country but also the 129 Cadets that have given their lives in various wars in St John's 133 year history. In WWII for example graduating Cadets were commissioned directly out of St John's as young as 18 as 2nd Lieutenants and sent to war.

Disrespecting the dead and wounded is not the correct way to protest and use your 1st Amendment rights as far as I am concerned. If the SJNWMA teams walks off the field for forfeiting the game because this disrespect is shown I for one will stand and applaud them all the way out of the stadium.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's sad that, in this day and age where we are beset by SJWs and other attention-whoring charlatans, that we find the entirely proper stand that Mr. Albert is taking on this remarkable rather than the norm.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I say play the game, but if the visiting team did not respect the flag then we shall not respect the whistle. The play ends when your team cries uncle. No down by contact. No fair catches. No halting the play when forward progress stops.

The flag and anthem mean a lot more than a whistle.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I would say to simply ask the Hope team to stay in their locker room during the National Anthem.

• St. John's and its friends and family get to show respect for our nation and its flag.
    • Consistent with our freedoms St. John's does not force an individual to violate their deeply held personal(*) beliefs.
    • The Hope team is denied their opportunity to make a demonstration and publicly disrespect our nation.

Overall I like St. John's conviction, after all it's only a football game they are walking away from, not their country.

(*) purple implied, those kids have no deeply held personal beliefs.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I'm getting tired of this issue-it should be very cut and dry.

If you can't bother to respect the flag, anthem and the people who protect(ed) it, GTFO. You don't deserve to be an American.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Proud of that school. Hope it never costs them a game. I would stand behind their refusal to play a disrespectful team, even if my son was going to be hit with the loss.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Saw something on the news yesterday about North Central high school. Apparently some students were offended by a social media post that featured other students posing with the Confederate battle flag (which they ended up burning in a video btw), so they were going to have a "silent protest" by kneeling during the anthem at their next football game. So if I'm understanding their issue, they are angry about the Confederate flag and what it represented to them, so in order to protest that flag, they intend to disrespect the American flag (you know, the flag of the country that freed the slaves). I has a confuse. :scratch:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Saw something on the news yesterday about North Central high school. Apparently some students were offended by a social media post that featured other students posing with the Confederate battle flag (which they ended up burning in a video btw), so they were going to have a "silent protest" by kneeling during the anthem at their next football game. So if I'm understanding their issue, they are angry about the Confederate flag and what it represented to them, so in order to protest that flag, they intend to disrespect the American flag (you know, the flag of the country that freed the slaves). I has a confuse. :scratch:

Hey, who needs logic when you can operate entirely on emotions instead?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And apparently, there is some evolution of thinking among all these young men. Which I personally consider to be A Good Thing for all concerned.

HOPE Christian making statement during national anthem

But that article ran the week leading up to the game.

It was a 36-6 loss at Living Word Lutheran on Sept. 10 that sparked the players’ desire to protest. The players and coaches felt they weren't being treated fairly by the officials and there was growing tension between the teams on the field.

The situation reached the point that Jordan decided it was not in “our best interest” to finish the game, so they didn’t. The following Monday the team watched some of the Jackie Robinson movie instead of reviewing the game.

“I just felt like there needed to be some change because here you still see problems,” said Marquis Hubanks, a sophomore halfback/linebacker. ”You move around the world and you see there isn’t that much equality. We don’t get treated the same as everyone else. I just don’t think its right.”

Based on what was written in the article, I think there is more to it than "equality" or fairness. I think it's more likely that they don't like losing game after game and are blaming it on the other team and the officials not being fair to them. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. If I am right, it makes the players and their coach look a lot worse in my eyes. Choosing to be victims and blaming others . . . classic modern socio-political malfunction.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, the American Flag is responsible for, and/or representative of, football referees officiating a game unfairly?

That's some common core-level illogic, right there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, the American Flag is responsible for, and/or representative of, football referees officiating a game unfairly?

That's some common core-level illogic, right there.
    That may sound crazy, but I know a guy who thinks every NFL game is rigged by the refs.

And, they play the National Anthem and the flag flies at every NFL game.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That may sound crazy, but I know a guy who thinks every NFL game is rigged by the refs.

And, they play the National Anthem and the flag flies at every NFL game.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

You should be making 9/11 videos.

(Wait, wrong thread...)

Top Bottom