• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Back in Dec. I ordered a couple of 820 round cases of .223, PMC 55 grain FMJ. This has been my normal practice ammo for a while and had ordered multiple cases from Sportsmans Guide before. Of course this time was different. Well, I was happy to be notified today that the ammo had shipped. Things must be loosening up a little.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I got an email from one of the companies that I buy bulk ammo from to tell me that .223 was in stock, Federal 1000 round loose in the case for the mere price of only more than twice what it was pre-current reign of terror. It can be mine, shipped for only $700. Six months ago this store as well as Aim Surplus had it for $299 a case.

Hope you got your ammo at pre-crazy prices.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I work for a railroad and the police department just picked up 10 cases of pmc brass 223 for $357 per 1000 and 28 bucks to ship from some place in Jersey.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I work for a railroad and the police department just picked up 10 cases of pmc brass 223 for $357 per 1000 and 28 bucks to ship from some place in Jersey.

good find. i haven't seen anything in brass for at least 6 months now. any ammo you find on this end is russian made.... which makes me wonder...

GarandTeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Indykid,

Don't pay $0.70 a round for PMC .223 these days unless you just gotta have it today. More and more reputable shops are getting this stuff in quantity. I have recently paid less than $0.50 per round in Bourbon, IN.

Prices are definitely falling!

GarandTeed

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    I hope you're right. I've also seen the prices of Ak's fall recently. I have been able to find some good deals recently on gunbot as well. Good find!

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Back in Dec. I ordered a couple of 820 round cases of .223, PMC 55 grain FMJ. This has been my normal practice ammo for a while and had ordered multiple cases from Sportsmans Guide before. Of course this time was different. Well, I was happy to be notified today that the ammo had shipped. Things must be loosening up a little.

They finally shipped ammo that you ordered 5 months ago, and you see this as a sign things are "loosening up"?!? I don't get it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    They finally shipped ammo that you ordered 5 months ago, and you see this as a sign things are "loosening up"?!? I don't get it.

They are filling backorders. This means the ammo is now getting to them. Whats not to get?

As an aside, I have been checking ammoseek.com everyday and stock of 9mm and 5.56 has been increasing steadily. Hopefully with this increase of stock will come a drop in price.

Gwenaviere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Thank you for the info about ammoseek.com. I didn't know about that site. It will give me a better idea as to what stock is looking like.

Top Bottom