• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I want to sincerely apologize for the sheer stupidity of those who live near me. Y'all are saints for dealing with them.

A "neighbor" from the area on Nextdoor was b***ing up a storm about your lousy NON EMERGENCY response times. How DARE you take 3 hours in the wee hours when you are busiest/thinnest to come take a hit and run PD report in front of her house. (that could have waited until first shift)

THEN she complains that at 7:45 PM , she found "a bullet on her driveway." (her words, no other details) Heaven forbid it took y'all 90 minutes to get there. :facepalm:

And I wont even get into the idiots there going all hyper about an older lady in a BMW taking pictures of houses from the street, and how they were calling the cops for her suspicious behavior. One guy even went off on how he was ready to assault her for taking pics of his kids in his back yard because they were in their swimsuits. (presumably she was shooting his house and they happened to be in view)

He REALLY didnt appreciate it when I researched it and shared my results (I have kids too, so I wanted to know) that she is perfectly legal as they described her actions. If you can be seen from the street in your yard, its legal to take your picture, regardless of the "victim"s age. (now what you do with the pics later could be illegal, but I digress)

I was then threatened in a PM that since I didnt see a problem, he should come over to my house and take pics of my kids as they play outside in the yard. I responded "just make sure you tell me when so I can make sure I have on a clean shirt and my hair is combed." He didnt appreciate that much. :): Haven suggested afterward when I told him that I should have requested "two 8x10s and some wallets while he was at it" :):

Man, people get worked up over the smallest crap. I'm sorry you have to deal with them and their ignorance.

Should ask the guy what good is the "assaulting" going to do.
    Gonna be hard to raise his kids while doing time for assault.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    How so ? Looking at the crime map , most " crime " doesn't seem to happen here .

MSW doesn't need "more" officers than other districts, it needs enough officers to do the job. Being understaffed means longer response times and its an officer safety issue. You would understand if you saw it from our perspective.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Yeah, we have some real dumbasses around here. Nextdoor always reminds me of some of the worst of the old BBSes, so many people who can't type whole sentences, or thoughts. I get some of it might be due to using a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc), but still, double check your work before you hit post/send.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And the joys of using your avatar on multiple sites; figured out several INGOers are nearby when they outed me by PM after seeing me post in their area. :yesway:

Top Bottom