• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Here in just a couple of hours I will be sitting in a Funeral Home payng my last respects to my Aunt Bonnie. I loved her. She was as nice to me as I could have ever asked for. She had 9 kids of her own but always treated me as one of her own. She just ran out of juice. She had been in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimers. I am glad she is at rest and peace is with her now. She was married to my fathers only brother and my mom and her were very close. I will be with all of my cousins today and some I have not seen for years. It is a shame that we seem to only get together on occasions as this. We are all much older now and we all have our own lives to live. I am glad I can be there for their support because today is the day for them not me.

I will see my Aunt Bonnie again someday but for now I have my fond memories of her and my childhood.

RIP Aunt Bonnie

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My condolences. My mother had Alzheimer's. It's such a TERRIBLE disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You & your family will be in my prayers, but I join Cru in joy for your Aunt. She's free from that terrible disease and in a much better place.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Like others have said, Alzheimer's is a terrible thing for anyone and their family. My wife and I have been doing our best (well, mostly my wife with my support) to care for my MIL for several years now. In many ways it is a disease that is just as hard on the family as it is on the individual. Knowing her thoughts and memories are now clear will hopefully be a great comfort to all involved. Take care and God Bless.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Here in just a couple of hours I will be sitting in a Funeral Home payng my last respects to my Aunt Bonnie. I loved her. She was as nice to me as I could have ever asked for. She had 9 kids of her own but always treated me as one of her own. She just ran out of juice. She had been in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimers. I am glad she is at rest and peace is with her now. She was married to my fathers only brother and my mom and her were very close. I will be with all of my cousins today and some I have not seen for years. It is a shame that we seem to only get together on occasions as this. We are all much older now and we all have our own lives to live. I am glad I can be there for their support because today is the day for them not me.

I will see my Aunt Bonnie again someday but for now I have my fond memories of her and my childhood.

RIP Aunt Bonnie

I'm sorry to hear that. Just remember she's in Heaven watching over you!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm sorry for your grief, but you are right, your Aunt is in a better place and at peace in God's arms, where you will be reunited with her one day.

Top Bottom