• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Just had a discussion with the wife this morning. Short story is that she now "gets it". She just recently got her carry permit, has been practicing with her handgun of choice, just received her new holster in the mail after a two month wait for said weapon of choice. Today after watching the morning news she brings up the idea of starting to rearrange to kitchen storage so as to start buying long term food goods in case of "bad things going on with the economy in the near future". She was kinda beating around the bush about it, trying to figure out if I would think she is weird for doing it. I just smiled and gave her a big hug. I guess all of the stories from work, commentary on news and current events, (and looking out for a precious 5 year old and 3 year old) have opened her eyes to would could happen (God forbid) some day. Just really made me proud.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Good for both of you!! You'll be presently surprised how good both of you will feel, going forward as you increase your preps. All of the uncertainty about how you'll eat, if you'll have water, etc etc all goes away. It'll make your relationship better too.

It's just an all around good thing when both spouses are on board with being prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.

davebone42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    That is awesome! My wife still thinks I'm crazy. I just keep my stuff in the basement where she doesn't have to see it. The kitchen is full of organic and fresh fruits and veggies that she has me eating. I am kinda looking forward to shtf so I can eat freeze dried chili :)

Top Bottom