• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A few weeks ago, my FIL brought out a few Anschutz youth size rifles and said my kids can use them to learn to shoot. That was discused here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/409214-grandpa-comes-through.html

We were at their house for Easter today and I took him out back to give it a shot. Liltanker is 5. We have discussed firearms safety quite a bit and he showed me he was paying attention. The rifle was still a little long for him but we made it work. The cube we were shooting at was at 15 ft. With my help, he got a few hits. He was very happy. Proud moment for me today.

I'm going to have this picture blown up and put it in a shadow box along with several of the empty cases he shot.

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    A new chapter in your role as father/mentor/coach.

Take it slow, wait for his interest, let it be his pursuit and not yours. You will be blessed with pride.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Congrats, man, it's a ton of fun to see how excited they get.

My son shot his first center fire revolver Friday. It never gets old. Enjoy.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Seriously, thanks for taking the time to share this. What a great picture. It speaks volumes to me and I don't know but a small fraction of what you do about the experience and time that it captures. Milestone moment in fatherhood.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Very nice! I taught my 4 sons how to shoot at an early age and all of them have a healthy respect for firearms. As others have said take your time and go at their pace. If you want to go shooting invite them to go. They will appreciate the time spent with you. I'm starting to teach some of the grand kids now. It's as much fun as it was with their parents!

fatback mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Over 40 years ago my dad bought me a Marlin model 60. I still have it. I'll always cherish the memories of him teaching me to shoot. I've been in law enforcement for 24 years and I've no better teacher

Top Bottom