• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Finally got the time, and my brother finally got the grades good enough, and we went to the range tonight!

Started off with the .22's. The rifle was a good start for him, then we went to the Beretta pistol, he thought it was ok. I let him shoot the shotguns, and the 20 gauge did it. He said he HAS to have a rifle now. He plans to buy a .22, wants a bolt action as well, but didnt really care for the single shot (Winchester 67a). Let him shoot my Glock, and he loved that as well.

The whole ride home he was loaded with questions about when can he buy this and when can he buy that. Then the fatal question... "Can we go again this weekend?"

Hes an addict, and it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling that I did something right. But the one thing that did me in was that he made the comment "All the reading and stuff about gun safety was worth every minute of it when I pulled the first trigger."

-MColford

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Finally got the time, and my brother finally got the grades good enough, and we went to the range tonight!

Started off with the .22's. The rifle was a good start for him, then we went to the Beretta pistol, he thought it was ok. I let him shoot the shotguns, and the 20 gauge did it. He said he HAS to have a rifle now. He plans to buy a .22, wants a bolt action as well, but didnt really care for the single shot (Winchester 67a). Let him shoot my Glock, and he loved that as well.

The whole ride home he was loaded with questions about when can he buy this and when can he buy that. Then the fatal question... "Can we go again this weekend?"

Hes an addict, and it gave me that warm fuzzy feeling that I did something right. But the one thing that did me in was that he made the comment "All the reading and stuff about gun safety was worth every minute of it when I pulled the first trigger."

-MColford
    Good job. I remember my first shot. ruger mark II my dad only put 1 round in the mag it was a full lead round 40gr.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    The best part though was when I handed him the 20 gauge. It took him 5 minutes to work up the nerve to shoot it. He was convinced it was going to blow his arm off or something. I had shot all the guns before him to show him the recoil wasnt that bad.
    Talked to my mom this morning, and she said that all he talked about was wanting to go shooting again, and wanting to go look at rifles, etc. If this is what it will be like when my daughter is old enough to go, I CANT WAIT!

-MColford

Top Bottom