• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    In my Backpack
    -AR15 armorers tool and spare parts (AR will be my primary if the SHTF)
    -FlashLight and spare batteries
    -Binoculars
    -725 rounds of 5.56 (785 if you count the rounds already in the magazines)
    -100 rounds of 9mm (For a sig sauer p2022)
    -Cleaning kit
    -Scissors
    -Sharpie
    -Flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers
    -250 matches
    -1 folding knives
    -1 M1 carbine bayonet
    -1 multitool
    -Bandages, Gaz, Tape, tourniquets, tweezers, moleskin , assorted pressure pads and cloths, steri strips, soudafed and pain relievers, wilderness first aid manuel, boyscout handbook.
    -2 Liters of water
    -Dryer lent, kindling, ect (Fire starting)
    -Jeans, 2 Tee shirts, and a camo jacket
    -Boonie hat
    -Baseball cap
    -Cashews
    -Almond butter
    -Jerky
    -Socks

In my Active shooter bag
    -2 Fully loaded PMAGs with dust covers attached to the bottom
    -1 Bottle of water
    -1 pistol magazine
    -Sun glasses
    -Thin gloves
    -Heavy gloves
    -Balaclava
    -Bandanna

Suggestions on what I could add or remove? The backpack is a maxpedition condor II and the Active shooter bag is a US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment Pack

Last edited:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Take out a lot of that ammo. That should be on your second line gear.

Add some fast portable food, like Cliff bars, meal replacement bars, MRE peanut butter, beef jerky etc.

Add shelter: nysil tarp, 550 cord, contractor bag and space blanket.

You need more than matches to make a fire. Add dry tinder and a bic lighter.

Ditch the screwdrivers and add a multitool

Replace one of the folding knives with a short fixed blade. I would simply keep a folder on me, a fixed blade in the BOB, along with a multitool.

Add a pair of light wool socks in a ziplock bag

Add some way to treat water for drinking.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Remove most of the ammo and hide it in a couple locations that you could fight to.

Will take that into consideration, but if I am using this bag it means I'm never coming back home.

What's the 9mm for? Good pack I'd think, but where's some food?

9mm is for the Sig i'll be carrying. Forgot to add
    -Cashews
    -Almond butter
    -Jerky

For quick meals

Add some fast portable food, like Cliff bars, meal replacement bars, MRE peanut butter, beef jerky etc.

Replace one of the folding knives with a short fixed blade. I would simply keep a folder on me, a fixed blade in the BOB, along with a multitool.

Will add socks, a swiss army knife, and a M1 carbine bayonet, and dryer lint, and kindling. There is a lot of human made and natural shelter in my area, but I will take your shelter ideas into consideration.

Thanks for the idea

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

^^ follow this. I didn't wanna pick apart your whole bag earlier so I just made one suggestion but WETSU went further and made good solid suggestions. He knows what he is talking about.
    Simply put your BOB is so heavy that within the first mile of actualy trying to hump it you bag would fall apart fpossibly or you would willingly drop stuff to reduce weight. There is a good "sticky" on bags at the top of the survival page and it would benefit you. Also there is a proper way to pack your bag.
    You mentioned that you needed to take all your ammo because you will never be coming back if you have to use that bag. Well where are you goin to? Or are you just going to walk amelessly into the darkness? Stage some of your ammo at the location or locations you are bugging out to. Also along your planned routes you could stage some anmo. When your bugging out you shouldn't be planning on a war. The point is the be invisible or as low profile as possible.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    ^^ follow this. I didn't wanna pick apart your whole bag earlier so I just made one suggestion but WETSU went further and made good solid suggestions. He knows what he is talking about.
    Simply put your BOB is so heavy that within the first mile of actualy trying to hump it you bag would fall apart fpossibly or you would willingly drop stuff to reduce weight. There is a good "sticky" on bags at the top of the survival page and it would benefit you. Also there is a proper way to pack your bag.
    You mentioned that you needed to take all your ammo because you will never be coming back if you have to use that bag. Well where are you goin to? Or are you just going to walk amelessly into the darkness? Stage some of your ammo at the location or locations you are bugging out to. Also along your planned routes you could stage some anmo. When your bugging out you shouldn't be planning on a war. The point is the be invisible or as low profile as possible.

I have a specific location I am going to. I'll lighten up my bag. How much ammo should I keep?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The kid is climbing up a freakin' cliff in his avatar!

I think he can handle the extra ammo. He can even carry mine for me.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Mine is about 5 1/2 drinks away.

i-see-what-you-did-there-army.jpg

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, I think that if I was "never going back home" my BOB would look different. I have a NGHB. It is for sustained operations in the field, ala Eric Rudolph. Waaay different than a Bug out Bag.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    You meantion your BOL has plenty of natural shelter but Ill say this. A tarp or something to keep you dry in alternate situations is key. If you fail to reach your location and must shelter this will be key! Even cheap painters tarp is better than nothing at all!

Food is key as is water. Cliff bars are great but a MRE is more ideal even if you make your own. Alternate fire starting sources are key too!

As for Ammo to each there own. There is no known perfect or ideal amount.

Top Bottom