• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Take out a lot of that ammo. That should be on your second line gear.

Add some fast portable food, like Cliff bars, meal replacement bars, MRE peanut butter, beef jerky etc.

Add shelter: nysil tarp, 550 cord, contractor bag and space blanket.

You need more than matches to make a fire. Add dry tinder and a bic lighter.

Ditch the screwdrivers and add a multitool

Replace one of the folding knives with a short fixed blade. I would simply keep a folder on me, a fixed blade in the BOB, along with a multitool.

Add a pair of light wool socks in a ziplock bag

Add some way to treat water for drinking.
    Gospel.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    1 quickclot.
    1 IBD (israeli battle dressing).
    water purification tablets or a water container that can be boiled.
    maybe a battery backup if you have a cellphone (the small ones for cellphones).

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    From what I see I would take out the heavy AR tool and put it at your BOL. Also why have the AR tool if you don't have any spare parts for the AR? Springs set, pin set, firing pin.. Just a thought.

TJ

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Compass, map, garbage bags (poncho, shelter, water collection, ground cloth, etc), water purifier (tablets, filter), flint, sharpening stone, small crank radio (preferably with USB port), mess kit.

Less ammo, multi-tool replaces screwdrivers.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Anyone know the typical round count is for special operations/light infantry guys is? That round count seems very high and is a lot of weight.....

Go on a long hike with your pack and that much ammo and then go on one with considerably less ammo......

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Anyone know the typical round count is for special operations/light infantry guys is? That round count seems very high and is a lot of weight.....

Go on a long hike with your pack and that much ammo and then go on one with considerably less ammo......

Well anyone who would post that info on the Internet is a douche bag and jeopardizes the lives of our soldiers and opsec. So I'm sure someone here will be along shortly to post it anyways. (Rolls eyes)

But I wouldn't recommend a civilian arry a combat loadout.

If you are on your own or with your family your priority is to be fast not to stay and fight. If you go through a couple 30 round mags without an egress your in big trouble. I say 6 30 round mags and 2 mags for pistol.

Last edited:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Fair enough.... sorry, was not thinking straight. I have always thought 5 30 round mags and two pistol mags was plenty for a bug out bag.

If you and your spouse both have 5 rifle mags each and you need them all then chances are its your fault in my opinion.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd have most of my mags on me in a discrete wAy and not in my pack. Ammo in a personal vehicle would be on stripper clips. With the exception of a few mags. Additional ammo and supplies would be located in areas enroute to my BOL and at my BOL.
    Also the above was in addition to one mag already in each gun. That's just my personal plan. Everyone has to choose their own path.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In my Backpack

-Bandages, Gaz, Tape, tourniquets, tweezers, moleskin , assorted pressure pads and cloths, steri strips, soudafed and pain relievers, wilderness first aid manuel, boyscout handbook.

Suggestions on what I could add or remove? The backpack is a maxpedition condor II and the Active shooter bag is a US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment Pack

How are you going to stuff a GAZ into your backpack?

classic-gaz-car-show_7.jpg

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg

Well anyone who would post that info on the Internet is a douche bag and jeopardizes the lives of our soldiers and opsec. So I'm sure someone here will be along shortly to post it anyways. (Rolls eyes)

But I wouldn't recommend a civilian arry a combat loadout.

If you are on your own or with your family your priority is to be fast not to stay and fight. If you go through a couple 30 round mags without an egress your in big trouble. I say 6 30 round mags and 2 mags for pistol.

It's not really that hard to find out. Just Google Images of the TEAMS that the douche bags you speak of have posted on the net for eveyone to see and count whats on their rigs.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    In my Backpack
    -AR15 armorers tool and spare parts (AR will be my primary if the SHTF)
    -FlashLight and spare batteries
    -Binoculars (depending on terrain these may not be as useful as you may think)
    -725 rounds of 5.56 (785 if you count the rounds already in the magazines) (a ton of weight, to many rounds to carry and a lot of space being used)
    -100 rounds of 9mm (For a sig sauer p2022) (way to much to carry, a ton of weight)
    -Cleaning kit
    -Scissors (should be in multi tool)
    -Sharpie
    -Flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers (should be in multi tool)
    -250 matches (no need for more then a small medicine pill container full for you and family, as in one of those for the family is more then enough, travel with your fire if needed)
    -1 folding knives (should be in multi tool)
    -1 M1 carbine bayonet
    -1 multitool
    -Bandages, Gaz, Tape, tourniquets, tweezers, moleskin , assorted pressure pads and cloths, steri strips, soudafed and pain relievers, wilderness first aid manuel, boyscout handbook.
    -2 Liters of water
    -Dryer lent, kindling, ect (Fire starting)
    -Jeans, 2 Tee shirts, and a camo jacket
    -Boonie hat
    -Baseball cap (why? You have a boonie hat)
    -Cashews
    -Almond butter
    -Jerky
    -Socks

In my Active shooter bag
    -2 Fully loaded PMAGs with dust covers attached to the bottom
    -1 Bottle of water
    -1 pistol magazine
    -Sun glasses
    -Thin gloves
    -Heavy gloves
    -Balaclava
    -Bandanna

Suggestions on what I could add or remove? The backpack is a maxpedition condor II and the Active shooter bag is a US Peacekeeper Rapid Deployment Pack[/QUOTE]

I added some helpfully hints in () that may help shed quite a bit of weight and free up some space.... A military issue poncho takes up little space and weight and has many uses.... I have been able to find multiple uses for things and shrink so much of my list down that I can survive short term on a wallet sized pack and can live for days rather comfortably out of a large ALICE..... Takes time and quite a few overnight stays in the woods to sort it all out.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Loose the bayonet and replace it with the ESEE knife of your choice. It will never let you down and has a lifetime warranty. I also might add a slingshot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I see several people saying they have an ar-15 armorers tool. I think that's highly unnecessary. Have one at your Bol or in a cache. That's a lot of unnecessary weight when you wanna be fast.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    A military issue poncho takes up little space and weight and has many uses..

I have been trying to find a legit tarp like the one I was issued, but so far I haven't been able to find one anywhere. I thought I found them on Amazon, but when they arrived, they were super thin and I'm not willing to use it for anything at all, really. Where did you get yours?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I see several people saying they have an ar-15 armorers tool. I think that's highly unnecessary. Have one at your Bol or in a cache. That's a lot of unnecessary weight when you wanna be fast.

I have an AR-15 wrench and I was also scratching my head when I read that. How about get the best AR-15 you can afford and make sure it's ready. If you need an AR wrench in the field, it's probably time to go to your pistol, pickup the other guys rifle, or run like hell.

Top Bottom