• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I am wanting to give my jeep Cherokee a paint job. Its an older model, and its paint is chipping pretty bad. Its red. I'll probably just keep it that color just to make it easy. It doesn't have to be a huge professional job, but I still want it to look decent. Can someone recommend somebody to me that's not too pricey?? Thanks! :patriot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Allen is definitely a great option. You can have a car repaired, painted and also drop off a gun for a cerekote job and maybe even a 1911 trigger job. Where else can you do that?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Allen is definitely a great option. You can have a car repaired, painted and also drop off a gun for a cerekote job and maybe even a 1911 trigger job. Where else can you do that?

If that feller ever starts selling burgers / brats / bacon at his shop - Central Indiana INGOers won't ever go anywhere else...for anything. Ever again. :D

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    AllenM has recommend people to look else where when wanting to repaint an older car. He said it would be upwards of $4500. im sure he will be a long soon to clarify anything I am saying thats wrong.

(Both from others threads here on INGO)
    I cant Cerakote a car. My paint booth won't do 250 degrees plus probably not good on the car. There are other factors as well.
    There are other options but you don't want to use me for a 97 riviera..Just saying

This is for a 95 mercury cougar

Yes we do paint entire cars and I appreciate you checking with us.
    It is not cheap, however we do nice work, we remove all the trim: Bumpers moldings even Glass if it is right up against the body. and do it right so it looks right and lasts.
    Cost for a complete paint job on a car that size would start at $4500.00 and go up depending on the condition of the car.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Have seen several Jeeps and trucks in our area that appear to have that "amatuer" approach. Some better than others. The better ones probably got their paint from Lowe's instead of Dollar General.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I really appreciate your recommending me but in this case Amattern is right. just a cleanup type job on an older vehicle isn't really our niche.
    But my wife and I got a pretty good chuckle out of some of the comments some of the comments. Thanks :)

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Had a 95. Woud have kept it as the straight 6 is a tank...
    Damn rust bucket though..floorpans gone...hinges.. Terrible...if your is rust free..check floors..itsvworth it to send a few bucks...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    What exactly does that mean??

It means use an extremely durable bed-liner on the Jeep. You can go with spray on or roll on brands. I've known people that have used 2-3 gallons on Jeeps with the roll on kits. The Jeeps looked pretty good. The spray on stuff can be tinted to look fairly close to your paint color.

Top Bottom