• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    It was locked in a camera mode. Tech support had me reset it, but it is still not working as it should. It is still warranty, so I am planning on shipping it to SamSung for manufacturer's warranty repair.

They tell me as long as the phone has not been physically damaged or flooded with water, it will be repaired under warranty. My question is how would they determine whether or not it was physically damaged.

Has anyone repaired his cell phone under manufacturer's warranty before?
    I would appreciate an input or two on the matter of physical damage negating the factory warranty.

Thanks,

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    They'll just give it a quick look for obvious damage and look at the water dot.

Bad thing about the water indicators is that they can change colors from humidity. I've got 3 phones that never touched water with pink indicators. Current phone hasn't changed yet and has actually had water (and various types of alcohol) spilled on it. BTW, they all still function properly...3 just wouldn't make it through a warranty service if they were still under warranty.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Bad thing about the water indicators is that they can change colors from humidity. I've got 3 phones that never touched water with pink indicators. Current phone hasn't changed yet and has actually had water (and various types of alcohol) spilled on it. BTW, they all still function properly...3 just wouldn't make it through a warranty service if they were still under warranty.

True dat.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I wonder if scuff marks and scratches would be considered as enough physical damage to negate the factory warranty for 4 months old cell phone.

I would guess it depends on how bad they are. If they're surface, cosmetic, no. But if they think it's excessive, they'll probably look a lot more closely at the phone. I've Never had one rejected except for water, and I deal with a lot of phones.

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    I would guess it depends on how bad they are. If they're surface, cosmetic, no. But if they think it's excessive, they'll probably look a lot more closely at the phone. I've Never had one rejected except for water, and I deal with a lot of phones.

Will they notify me before the repair if they consider the damage to be too excessive to be covered under the warranty?

I just don't want to get stuck with the bill for the cosmetic issues. By the way, what is the avg. repair cost for something like that? Do you have any ideas?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The phone companies typically will not notify you. I haven't dealt with samsung directly. The phone companies will typically send you a replacement, you send back your broken. If they don't like it, they just tack it on your bill. I wouldn't want to guess without knowing more.

Top Bottom