www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    :(
    Apparently I didnt get in on this free money....
    I think the last class action I got was against Apple back many years ago... I think I got a coupon for $25 off the next $2000 computer that I would buy...

Im with ya. In Pre-Facebook days, the last one I was a part of was classmates.com. You could register for free, but couldnt get/send PMs unless you were a paying member. They got busted for sending bogus "someone sent you a PM!" emails, enticing you to pay them so you could figure out which old friend was trying to contact you. (to see a message that really didnt exist basically) My settlement? A free month to a service I wouldnt have signed up for in the first place. The courts pretty much told me "You were fraudulently enticed to buy something you didnt otherwise want or need? Well here's another one that you still dont want for free!" Even stupider than $2 checks.

Im still waiting for the judge to rule on the settlement for cans of tuna. in 2013 ago a class action was announced for Starkist Tuna for them watering down the cans and only delivering a fraction of the labeled amount of meat. They proposed like 6 coupons for free cans or something like that. That one seemed reasonable. (giving us the meat we already paid for) It was appealed and I havent heard anything since.

Just googled and its still tangled in the courts 5 years later. And so many more have registered for the fixed settlement amount, we are now expected to get $2.19 in cash or $4.50 in tuna. (was originally $25/$50)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Im with ya. In Pre-Facebook days, the last one I was a part of was classmates.com. You could register for free, but couldnt get/send PMs unless you were a paying member. They got busted for sending bogus "someone sent you a PM!" emails, enticing you to pay them so you could figure out which old friend was trying to contact you. (to see a message that really didnt exist basically) My settlement? A free month to a service I wouldnt have signed up for in the first place. The courts pretty much told me "You were fraudulently enticed to buy something you didnt otherwise want or need? Well here's another one that you still dont want for free!" Even stupider than $2 checks.

Im still waiting for the judge to rule on the settlement for cans of tuna. in 2013 ago a class action was announced for Starkist Tuna for them watering down the cans and only delivering a fraction of the labeled amount of meat. They proposed like 6 coupons for free cans or something like that. That one seemed reasonable. (giving us the meat we already paid for) It was appealed and I havent heard anything since.

Just googled and its still tangled in the courts 5 years later. And so many more have registered for the fixed settlement amount, we are now expected to get $2.19 in cash or $4.50 in tuna. (was originally $25/$50)
    Not a class action situation. We bought a jar of cooked pinto beans a few years back. Cooked them up. Just as we were starting to eat, the wife noticed that there were several pieces of broken glass in the beans. I assume during the canning process a jar got broke and glass was spread over a couple other jars. No one was hurt. I wrote to the company and they sent me a few coupons for free jars. There was no way the wife was ever going to buy their stuff again, so that didn't cost them a dime.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I never knew there was a lawsuit. I had their bulbs in an Alero a long time ago. Low beams looked nice and white, but were terrible to drive with. High beams were great. They may have still been in the car when I sold it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    National City Bank/PNC had a class action suit and the settlement was huge! It was about posting debits before credits, despite the credits being dated earlier. Bang $36/$36/$36/$36, etc. as a small business owner starting out, my checking account was small, and this practice, cost me THOUSANDS of dollars, and many hard feelings/business interruptions. I still haven’t received my check from that “action”, although I am sure the lawyers have been paid.

Top Bottom