• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    In defense of the OP, it is not the unrelated items that bring down the show. It is the unrelated JUNK that brings it down.
    Klipsch sounds pretty nice to me.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Yeah, if anyone has the technology and manufacturing to re-invent the "over the ear" ear-pro, it would be Klipsch.

Just give me something that is comfortable for 4+ hours straight.

Last edited:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    In defense of the OP, it is not the unrelated items that bring down the show. It is the unrelated JUNK that brings it down.
    Klipsch sounds pretty nice to me.

Plus his company was the major sponsor at the SCSA state championship last year. They obviously support the shooting sports.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Yeah, if anyone has the technology and manufacturing to re-invent the "over the ear" ear-pro, it would be Klipsch.

Just give me something that is comfortable for 4+ hours straight.

Our "in ear" heaphones have around 25-30dB of attenuation... frequency dependent.

Yup, after 2-3 hours most everything is uncomfortable. Our in-ears have patented oval tips which help a bunch, and some people say they can sleep on the plane with our X10.

But hearing protection is going to be a different technology (and a lot cheaper) than what we and most headphone people are doing for "noise canceling". In theory, all you have to do is measure the sound coming in the microphone, reverse it and play it through the headphones. In practice there is always phase shift from the filters and the feedback which limits the frequencies where the noise canceling works. (Works great at low frequencies, and less as you go up). But then there's "bone conduction" which transmits low frequencies into your eardrums through your body... so it can only do so much.

Most of the automatic hearing protectors are hearing protection first, and headphones second. All they do is shut of the amplifier when the microphone picks up a sound above a certain. Then your just left with the attenuation of the cans themselves. Our noise canceling stuff isn't going to work very well as "hearing protection", it works totally differently. Although the in-ear stuff does a pretty fair job.

Getting more than 30dB is really tough, and then it's hard to compete on cost. It's been talked about, and we have some shooters/hunters here. In fact our lead headphone engineer is one of them, but it'll never go anywhere because it's not out market.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Preaching to the converted here. I have 4 nice Klipsch speakers that rock the house, i hate to admit that i could not afford your sub at the time and purchased a definitive technologies one.

As for the in ear headphones I own 2 pair personally a pair of s3's for kicking around and working and a set of reference s4i's for real listening. I also gave away 3 pair of the s3's for Christmas.

I will see you at the show. Will there be anyone there who is into PRO sound as I want to start installing Klipsch stuff but right now all I can seem to sell is Community, EV, JBL (Just big and loud) and Myers. I work for one of the largest Pro audio installer in the mid west.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I don't have any problem patronizing, or having non-gun related products at the gun show. If it's not profitable for the gun show people, they aren't going to do it, and the more people contributing, the more success for the show. My wife gets enough exposure to guns at our house, she sure wants a bit of a break if we're completely engulfed by them at a show.

Top Bottom