• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Just purchased 5000 reds of Aguila from Target SPORTS USA for $249 or .05 a round and free shipping. Good reviews with the exception of a funny oder like glue and somewhat dirty. It should arrive tomorrow and hope to get to the range Saturday, I had been using but CCi Mini Mags but I was ready to step out and try something a bit cheaper as long as it works fairly decently.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just purchased 5000 reds of Aguila from Target SPORTS USA for $249 or .05 a round and free shipping. Good reviews with the exception of a funny oder like glue and somewhat dirty. It should arrive tomorrow and hope to get to the range Saturday, I had been using but CCi Mini Mags but I was ready to step out and try something a bit cheaper as long as it works fairly decently.

1. I was warned away from Aguila early on, but I notice even the shops and gun ranges carry it and I have bought it before.
    2. I was afraid to use it much b/c I thought it might be really dirty?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Getting ready to go buy some Sig Sauer 380, 5 boxes for $55 (22 cents each).
    I didn't need 1000 rounds, in fact, I don't need more than a box, but it will give me an excuse to shoot my Colt Mustang a little (not my idea of a range gun, though).
    After buying ammo at the range and I'm going more often than I thought, I needed to stock up on: 38, 22LR and 9mm.
    In fact, I think I bought too much 9mm (3k rounds) and might sell some (Perfecta), but it sure is nice not having to run out at the range.
    We'll see what happens with my 9mm quest: keep a small one, and a bigger one, or keep just one, or sell them all since I have my 22 for the range and my S/W 642 Airweight for CC.
    Some will depend on how the kitchen remodel goes. :laugh:
    I have sold $1600 worth of guns with $500 + more in the plans to sell.
    It is amazing how soon it adds up, but I know some of you guys own 50, so I'm very small potatoes. :dunno:

I'm home now after buying my 5 boxes of Sig Sauer 380 ammo.
    I love buying ammo off individuals, so far, it's been the best in experiences.
    This guy shoots at Tim's Shooting in Westfield where I go and his pic is on the wall for winning contests.
    And, yes, I asked him dozens of questions also.

I told my wife I just can't believe the people I meet in the "gun" world: the best, the "salt of the earth:" my kind of people.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I learned something again today.
    I went to the range to try out my new used Smith and Wesson 64-7 stainless steel 38 special and after that I got out my new Smith & Wesson 642 revolver, 38 special, Airweight.
    I have a new lesson: don't shoot the snub nose after shooting the 4 inch barrel heavy 38.
    I could barely hold onto it.
    I don't remember it being that difficult when I first bought it because of my excitement but now that It m a little spoiled by shooting a bigger frame 38 and even my Walther PPS is a little bigger than my Ruger LC9 and my Taurus 709 Slim

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    1. I was warned away from Aguila early on, but I notice even the shops and gun ranges carry it and I have bought it before.

Out of a couple thousand rounds, I think I've had 2-3 that I had to pull the trigger on a second time with no FTF/FTE issues. If it is dirtier, though I'm not saying it is, it is just carbon and it gets cleaned all the same. I was running it (too) quickly through my new .22 MP5 the other day with no issue other than a silly grin that I couldn't get rid of.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Out of a couple thousand rounds, I think I've had 2-3 that I had to pull the trigger on a second time with no FTF/FTE issues. If it is dirtier, though I'm not saying it is, it is just carbon and it gets cleaned all the same. I was running it (too) quickly through my new .22 MP5 the other day with no issue other than a silly grin that I couldn't get rid of.

:yesway::yesway::popcorn:

daventos

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 23, 2017
    Bedford
    If you are looking for .38 Special, Freedom Munitions is selling a few different varieties for around that $0.23/round mark. You might check them out.

And I have a Shield. I've had it for a few years and really like it a lot. Never a malfunction, shoots well.

That said, I am thinking of selling it and buying a S&W 642 for my carry gun. I bought the Shield when I have a FS M&P so the manual of arms would be similar. I have since sold the M&P.

I went to Freedom Munitions and signed up for their newsletter and they gave me free shipping for my first order.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went to Freedom Munitions and signed up for their newsletter and they gave me free shipping for my first order.

Cool. I seem to recall doing that also. They do run free shipping occasionally on small orders. You just have to watch. They will bombard you with e-mails daily but I just delete them. You can always unsubscribe if that bugs you.

I need to pick up some .38 when funds allow.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Cool. I seem to recall doing that also. They do run free shipping occasionally on small orders. You just have to watch. They will bombard you with e-mails daily but I just delete them. You can always unsubscribe if that bugs you.

I need to pick up some .38 when funds allow.

1. Same here; I am well stocked in all areas except 38 specials.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County

IIRC, if you are a first time buyer at Freedom Munitions it's free shipping. Regardless of amount. As far as FM being troublesome, I personally have only good experiences (9mm, 223/556). CZ's will eat anything though. So will the ADM rifle. :rockwoot::ar15:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

i fired about 300 rounds last Friday. I think it was a bit dirtier than the CCI Mini Mags I had been using but I didn't experience any more problems that what I'm used too. Two FTEs but I've experienced that with CCI Mini Mags as well.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just did another ammo buy from Armlist:
    9mm
    I was looking for 38 special but ran across it, only really "needed" the 22 but I did a group buy for all of it with was sweet, over 3000 rounds for $200.
    Good prices even got some hollow points in the deal: 6 cents on 22, 17 cents on 9m and the 380 was 20 cents each (I think).
    When I have time I'll break it down, but it's Sat. and I have more painting to do if I want to live. :laugh:
    Great guy, I plied him with questions, very experienced, grew up shooting b/c best friend's Dad has a range on the West side.
    He does some gunsmithing.
    He is a Glock man.
    He prefers the 45 to the 40 for a dozen reasons and I learned about bullet speed and grains which I know nothing about.
    From what I'm learning, if I was going to have a home defence gun that wasn't a revolver, I'd go with the 45 and the same if I was going do something besides a pocket carry.
    I look forward to renting both next time at the range and seeing it there is something small enough for pocket carry.
    I doubt it though, b/c a double stack 9m (Glock 26) was wide enough to be difficult in the pocket (more so than the 9mms), so I assume the 40 and/or 45 would be the same.
    It will be fun finding out.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just sold the Walther PPS M-2 LE for $300 back to the guy I bought it off of: remarkable!
    He said it fit better than the Springfield XD-S he was using.

I bought a Shield 9mm this week to replace it and hope to go to the range tonight after work.

I plan to go to a new range, instead of Tim's in Westfield, I want to try out Point Blank in Carmel.
    I might buy a $35/mo. free range membership; you can cancel and anytime and not be obligated long term, so if I don't go twice in a month, it wouldn't pay, and I might be lucky to go 1x/mo., but maybe better during the winter.
    I can rent a gun for $10 and the good part is they said on the phone I can trade it in on another for the same $10: sounds too good to be true, but I'll find out.
    They also have a $60/mo. membership with other benefits I don't need (go to any of their ranges, take a guest free), but they don't charge you to rent a gun.
    Over the course of a year, though, I don't think I would rent enough guns to make the extra $25/mo. worth it.
    I've nearly rented all that I "need" to rent for buying purposes, but I do look forward to renting a small 40 and 45 just to see.
    I could get the $60/mo. just for a couple of months if I wanted to rent a dozen guns, then downsize to the $35/mo.
    What's funny is that I bought a Groupon for 2, but I really won't need it if I get the membership: and I was trying to save money. :dunno:
    It would be cool to go with some INGO guys to a range and shoot theirs. (and I would pay for every single shell that I used, after all a couple of magazine full could be a few dollars worth of shells.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Since my last post 2 weeks ago I have:
    bought a Shield 9mm
    bought another Smith 38 SS (64-8 model) b/c price was righteous. I will sell either the 64-7 or the 64-8 depending on my preference at the range (one has OEM other has Hogue grips).
    bought Ergo Delta grips for my Smith 642 snubbie
    bought a Sig Sauer 1911-22 from a member here: love it
    bought 2 ankle holsters ($10 and $30), the $10 was a "free" one with paying shipping and handling: took a chance, but not fit my 642 Smith, and the other bought at Jenkins on E 21st St.
    bought gun cleaning supplies
    been to the range at Point Blank in Carmel twice, and hope to go tomorrow with son-in-law from TN.
    sold the Ruger LC9 (just 2 hours ago)

Top Bottom