• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Price comparison

I was curious as to how the Coonan compared pricewise with the Desert Eagle. I never considered the DE because they felt so large and heavy in my hand while the Coonan was not that much more in size then my 1911. The DE I found on their site was the XIX model with poly grips and a adjustible sight and weighted 72.4 oz. It comes in a variety of finishes. The Coonan Classic I purchased is all stainless steel, weights 42 oz empty, has milled aluminum grips (they also sent the standard wood grips), fully adjustable serrated night sights and four extra magazines making a total of six mags. This package has a MSRP of $1799.00. The differences in the two is the Coonan is all stainless and has night sights. The Desert Eagles range from a MSRP of $1,560.00 up to $1,883 and if you add four more magazines that raises the price another $172.00. Two different guns, both pricy but built like a tank and will last a lifetime.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I was curious as to how the Coonan compared pricewise with the Desert Eagle. I never considered the DE because they felt so large and heavy in my hand while the Coonan was not that much more in size then my 1911. The DE I found on their site was the XIX model with poly grips and a adjustible sight and weighted 72.4 oz. It comes in a variety of finishes. The Coonan Classic I purchased is all stainless steel, weights 42 oz empty, has milled aluminum grips (they also sent the standard wood grips), fully adjustable serrated night sights and four extra magazines making a total of six mags. This package has a MSRP of $1799.00. The differences in the two is the Coonan is all stainless and has night sights. The Desert Eagles range from a MSRP of $1,560.00 up to $1,883 and if you add four more magazines that raises the price another $172.00. Two different guns, both pricy but built like a tank and will last a lifetime.

Also you can shot LEAD bullets thur the COONAN, But you can't do that with the DESERT EAGLE:twocents:

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I purchased a coonan 357 this winter I have fired it several times the recoil is not bad.the muzzle flip and flash are more than a 45 but I was most impressed by it accuracy.I also have 4 mags for it.They are more difficult to load than a 45 the mag springs are vary stiff.Congrats you will enjoy!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I specifically picked up the latest Shotgun News because this gun was on the front cover. I read the article and really became interested in the gun. While I'm not a drooling fan of the 1911 platform, I do like the history and look and wouldn't be opposed to owning or carrying one.

The Coonan .357, however, has become one of my lust objects. Something about it really makes me want to own and carry one...or two. When I win the lottery...

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    A fallow Coonan owner as well. The recoil on them is not that bad. It's a heavy gun so that takes up quite a bit of it. What's awesome is how loud it is shooting at an indoor rage. It will make people next to you jump. :)

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    What sights are on your Coonan

Curious what sights everyone has on their Coonan. This will be my show and tell gun so I went with the top of the line sights as everyone knows what a standard sight looks like. The next one I will order will probably have the fully adjustable serrated with the white dot as that upgrade comes with a second magazine so you are only paying an extra $49 for the sight itself. I figure anyone spending this much money on a handgun would want at least two magazines, probably more. Interested in hearing feedback on the various sights; does the fixed sights work OK and if you have fixed are they black or white dot?

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Thanks for the info, guys. I remember the Grizley grip frame as being long front to back and it felt a little awkward in my hand as my fingers are a little shorter than most. The 1911 frames all fit my hand like they were made personally just for me...Love em...John

Top Bottom