• ...and so much more!
  • TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Wow, that's truly tragic!

What kind of materials did you provide in the full medical kit?

What kind of training do you have that enabled you to train others in how to address gun shot wounds?

This information could be helpful to others here on INGO, should the need ever arise (god forbid).

pressure, pressure, pressure...the kit he had was 3x what the seals have on their personal. The quick clot was what he put on first. I trained him to stop the most bleeding first. loss of blood pressure is what kills.
    He lost alot of blood because he got hit in an artery in his heart, He addressed the most blood, my brother poured quick clot Than did not stop applying pressure till the ambulance arrived. Last surgery was done today and he is stable but still in a drug induced coma so he does not move and seperate the blood vessle he will most likely make it. Thanks for all your prayers!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Your brother-in-law is a cool head in a dire situation, the sort of guy anyone would want around in a SHTF event.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We get a lot of "Walkers" through here. Seldom see the same ones more than once. The repeats are the locals and pleasant enough. The random ones are just a shady looking bunch. Often hit you up for a smoke or spare change. We just motion them on by.
    Yes, armed always.

Prayers to you and your family OP

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I'm from Miami FL, so most of my family resides there. Monday night my cousin was out on his porch smoking a a cig and a car stopped in front of his house and a single white male got out and approached him and demanded money and entry to his dwelling. He fought back and was shot by the perp 3 times in the chest with a semi auto .22lr. The perp fled. My brother in law rents an apartment that is built on to the house so as soon as he heard the shots he came out side to find my cousin in a pool of blood. Thank god I gave him a full medical kit and trained him on how to in his use it. One bullet hit an artrey in his heart the others were not fatal. I pray he makes it. But I hope this will serve as a reminder to always be aware and prepared, training may save your life or somebody elses.

i

pressure, pressure, pressure...the kit he had was 3x what the seals have on their personal. The quick clot was what he put on first. I trained him to stop the most bleeding first. loss of blood pressure is what kills.
    He lost alot of blood because he got hit in an artery in his heart, He addressed the most blood, my brother poured quick clot Than did not stop applying pressure till the ambulance arrived. Last surgery was done today and he is stable but still in a drug induced coma so he does not move and seperate the blood vessle he will most likely make it. Thanks for all your prayers!

Multiple People Shot In Miami « CBS Miami
    Miami was a dangerous place last Monday.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    It's a damn shame that this happens. My brother inlaw was mugged last week in the San Francisco area. A homeless guy asked him if he could spare a buck and with my inlaw being new to the area and young(22) he though sure. When he pulled out his wallet two guys jumped him from behind. One of the guys hit in the face with what appeared to be a chain and broke his jaw bone. Now my inlaw has a plate, pins, and screws holding is jaw together. The ER doctor told him unfortunately that this happens quite often.

Thoughts and prayers to the OP's cousin and family.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Good going on the kit and training. It is obvious that what training you gave him was enough to save a life and that's what matters most.:yesway:

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Glad to hear your cousin is in stable condition. I hope they catch the shooter and put him away. People like that are a waste of skin. Prayers inbound.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Way to have the knowledge to save a life, and even more to the point, way to give somebody the tools to do so. When (positive thoughts) your cousin pulls through, I see YOU as responsible for saving his life. Great job!

now to lighten the mood
    [video=youtube;3xKaHyYOF6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xKaHyYOF6I[/video]

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I prayed for your cousin. Your story has lit a fire in me to take one of those "tactical treatment of gunshot wounds" courses. It is part of the personal protection package that we as gun owners often forget. Another thing that hit home about this story is that there is a good chance that I will be moving to Miami (Miami Beach specifically) within the next few years.

I really hope your cousin pulls through.

Top Bottom