• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Remember the time you had with him and always remind your kids about him. It is hard to go through, I've been there.

As long as you help people, his work will carry on through you.

Peace to your family.
    This (above) is what I would convey to you as well.

My Mother also passed on the 10th of July, 2005. Like your Dad, mine was in the Air Force, too.

Prayers sent.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Sorry for your loss. My dad passed unexpectedly in 1997. I enjoyed reading about your dad, those memories will make you happy later on. Even the silly, ornery, obnoxious stuff my dad did makes me laugh now!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Unfortunately my dad passed this Tuesday morning. He fought for along time but just had to much stacked up against him. I have 2 brothers and we surrounded him when he went peacefully. Obviously losing your dad is extremely difficult. He was a great dad, and even greater Papaw. His life was the grandkids. At every single sporting event, even after 4-5 hours of dialysis. So dedicated to the kids.

He was always helping others. In the Air Force he taught reading to the troops at Lackland AFB, during the Vietnam era. Growing up he volunteered many years at our local sports organization. I could go on but I wanted to show how even after his passing he is still helping people.

Probably the biggest one, 13 years ago when he was in excellent health he decided he would donate his body to science. Which he did. After he passed all the doctors and nurses stopped in to share there condolences and tell us how much they appreciated him donating his remains.

Next my brothers and I are not good at sitting still for to long. We are very sad but can't just sit still and do nothing. My father through all of this never went into assisted living or a nursing home. He got to live in his own home to the end. Having said that he had a 2300 square foot house and a lifetime of stuff. This man threw nothing away. Just a few weeks ago I installed a new light fixture in the kitchen. The screws from the orginal fixture I tried to sneak out and throw away. He came flying around on the mobility scooter and caught me.

My brothers and I decided considering his history we should donate everything. 4 Truck and trailer loads later, all the home furnishings were gone. We kept all the sentimental items. And one sweet lamp from the seventies. It's a pole lamp, floor to ceiling pole with 2 big oblong orange globes. Like I said, sweet!

He owned a truck also we knew the neighbor has had an eye on. Although we didn't give it to him we sold it and the basically new scooter lift for about a tenth of actual value. His daughter has a condition that she is in a electric wheelchair. He told me but it escapes me at this moment.

We also inherited 2 mobility scooters and a chair lift. A 3 weel inside modle, and a 4 weel off road type. As I stated before never missed kids sports. All these items will be donated to the VA.

It's hard losing my Dad, but knowing he is still helping people gives us some comfort.

Tough times.... I know.

My best to you and yours.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom