• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    My daughter still had some doe tags to fill, so we deceided to go out yesterday eveing. Parked the truck and began to walk down the main trail in the woods. We didn't get 100yds.( stand is a mile back in the woods) when we jumped a small doe on the hill side. Oddly the deer seems confused as instead of going up the hill she came down closer to us and stoped.Daughter didn't have a shot due to a tree and the doe began to prance off slowly so I let out a bleat, and it stopped in the clear, broadside. She let the .44 mag. rifle bark and the deer bolted along the creek bed, blood pumping out the whole way. It tried to get up the hill for about 10 secs before falling into the creek, completely covered by water, blood flowing down stream. The 50 yds. blood trail was a foot wide and blood was everywhere, a blind man could have followed it, even though we saw the deer go down ,it was nice to see a good trail anyways. We were only in the woods literally 5 minutes from the time we got out of the truck to the shot. No hike to the stand, no getting cold, no waiting.There was no reason to pass it up, even as quick as it happened, we were there for does. The shot was ranged at 45 yds. and she hit it perfect with a double lung shot. I know this is a yearling, but it's meat in the freezer and it's going to be really tender. She already got a doe during the youth season and a 11 point last week. This has been her best year ever. Just thought I'd share.
    zNov242012.jpg

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    That's awesome, always nice to see parents teaching their children skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.

kyron4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Man, you must have some awesome property. Congrats.

Belive it or not, it's public property. All about being the right place at the right time I guess. Got skunked last year, I guess we're making up for it this year.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Your young lady is doing well with that .44 this season, she can hunt circles around some of the boys her age I'll bet. Thanks for raising a child the sport can remain alive and well with dad!

A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Two does, an 11 pointer, and a red fox. Your daughter has had a better season than most hunters I know. She had a good guide. Great job!

Top Bottom