• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Age? Price range? That would help narrow it down, but it's hard to beat a Marlin Mod.60, or a Ruger 10/22. But depending on age/size those may be too large for starting out, might need a lil' 22 crickett.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Figured I would throw this out, not sure how relevant given the age difference. I own a buckmark .22 and am happy with it. I brought my nephew out shooting when he was 5 and while he did enjoy shooting the buckmark, it is a bit too heavy for his little hands. So I ended up buying a Phoenix Arms .22 for him to use. Small, light, and not very expensive. For around $150 I have the pistol with standard barrel, and a 5" barrel. It works well. The only failures with the gun I can attribute to him limp wristing it. I have only used cheap bargain pack shells through it, and have avoided anything with a little extra kick because it is a cheap pot metal gun and is supposedly not made for high pressure rounds.
    Again, just sharing my experience, do as you will.

bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    "ultra...good" I have been looking at the longer barrel phoenix but was little afraid of the Quality.
    Does anyone know anything about the Beretta Neos?

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    My 14 year old started out with my old Smith Mod. 15 shooting powder puff loads. She shoots my Sig in .40 now and handles it well. I bought a Ruger MK III 22/45 for my 12 year old because her hands are a little small for the Hogue grips on my Smith. I bought it very gently used for $230. She shoots it well and I couldn't be happier. Quite frankly I have a blast with it as well. My buddy has a Walther that she she shoots just as well with. Both would fit in your price range but there are plenty more out there, these are what she has used. Take it for what it's worth.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife has a Buckmark, and loves it. My son loves shooting my GSG 1911, both of those I purchased (used) under the $300 limit you are looking for. My personal favorite .22 handgun that I own is my heritage revolver. It was well under the limit your looking to stay under new, has been very reliable, and pretty accurate even with the older style fixed sights that mine has. The other plus to the 22 revolvers is that the grips on many are smaller, and might be easier for a younger lady to hold onto.

bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    I have a friend who has a heritage rough rider, it was fun to shoot but slow to reload. I would rather her learn on a semi auto platform.
    Thanks for the advice!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I like my Neos.
    But it is a little finicky on ammo.
    Certain 22 manufacturers don't work so well.
    I just grab a couple different boxes, just in case.

I put a Burris Fastfire 3 on it.

bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    thanks for the advice earlier acteon277! your the second person i have heard that from... I`ll look into the Burris
    Do you have a 4.5" or 6" neos?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    thanks for the advice earlier acteon277! your the second person i have heard that from... I`ll look into the Burris
    Do you have a 4.5" or 6" neos?

Uhhhhhhh.
    I'd have to measure. I think it's 4.5 inch.

I don't know where "P town" is, or I'd say come on up to NWI and try it out.

Top Bottom