• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    So as of signing laminating yada yada yada my first duty after getting my lifetime LTCH was obviously to carry. I am usually a cc in the waistband guy. After my experience friday I have decided that a retention holster is in direct line for next purchase. We decided to have fazolis for dinner friday night as we were standing in line to order I noticed a man standing practiaclly on my 5 o'clock. I stepped away as I was uncomfortable with how close he was, and how close he was to my sig pro. I was wearing a dress shirt untucked and know I wasn't printing but when he side stepped to maintain his position behind me it made me extremely cautious. I paid and got the hell away from him.

Even with an open cary type retention holster I would have been cautious but not nearly as much so knowing it would take a lot for someone to get their booger hook on the bang switch.Holster I am looking at that would still carry fairly high and mostly covered but in my opinion if its even remotely recognizable its not concealed carry.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    The holster you are looking at is an alright holster and all, but it is going to be pretty obvious with anything other than a heavy winter jacket on.
    I would check out something such as a pancake holster first. https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2277&CatalogID=448
    Since I have these pics...... Please ignore me and my room and look at the holster. ;) I also upgraded my belt since this.
    243lpih.jpg

2q1vu6v.jpg

Last edited:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    CC in the waistband?? Tell me your using some form of holster...

Good on the situational awareness!!

you mean you can carry without a holster? Of course with a holster.

The holster you are looking at is an alright holster and all, but it is going to be pretty obvious with anything other than a heavy winter jacket on.
    I would check out something such as a pancake holster first. https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2277&CatalogID=448
    Since I have these pics...... Please ignore me and my room and look at the holster. ;) I also upgraded my belt since this.
    243lpih.jpg

2q1vu6v.jpg
    At this point with what I have experienced in my town I almost don't care if it is concealed or not. When helping my boys get their coats off I was spotted somehow and a family cut their dinner short and got up and left. Also galco doesnt carry one for the 2022 sig pro.

Last edited:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I have a couple of blackhawk serpa holsters (1911 & judge) I chose just for the same reason .Im always concerned that someone would try something stupid like try to grab out a pistol from a holster while OC, unless you have a working knowledge of this type of holster the pistol stays put.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    At this point with what I have experienced in my town I almost don't care if it is concealed or not. When helping my boys get their coats off I was spotted somehow and a family cut their dinner short and got up and left. Also galco doesnt carry one for the 2022 sig pro.
    Yeah you got me on 2 points, I did not realize at first you were talking about the sort with the push button, I also did not look to see what all they made them for. Guess I should have had my morning coffee before I go giving to many opinions. ;)

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    If you feel that uncomfortable then place your hand on your weapon, then you dont have to worry about someone elses hand on your weapon.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana

Is that a DeSantis Thumb break holster? Also, I am not sure if that is a gunbelt, but I HIGHLY recommend that you get a DeSantis gunbelt if it is not, as it really help hold the holster in place.

INGunGuy

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    If you feel that uncomfortable then place your hand on your weapon, then you dont have to worry about someone elses hand on your weapon.

I did this however, what if I hadn't been as situationally aware or said person had far worse intentions other than being rude and I never knew he was there? No solution is 100% sound but I think for me a retention holster is the best resolution to this problem.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Playing devils' advocate here; could that be considered a sign of intimidation if some dolt decided to call leo and make an issue of it?:dunno: I think Indiana has some form of intimidation law.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Playing devils' advocate here; could that be considered a sign of intimidation if some dolt decided to call leo and make an issue of it?:dunno: I think Indiana has some form of intimidation law.

The only time I have seen that charge fly around here is when someone stands up to a LEO and argues with him.

Top Bottom