• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't thing the fight was intentional. Anyway, I've learned something and it must be wonderful to have a dog. I wish we could have one, but our lives wouldn't allow us to give it proper care, right now.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    First, no, it was not intentional. It was an alpha fight gone bad.

These are two of the three best dogs I've ever had the pleasure to have charge of. The third one, Shep, died when I was 22 or so. She had been my companion since age 10.

Now, Cru, you are reading waaaaay too much into the title. I figured I'd put something fun. Ever get into an argument when you were young about how your dad could beat up your friend's dad? Like that.

I realize that, being in college, you're obviously brain damaged by all the liberal thinking going on around you. You'll get over it once you grow up and learn what is serious in life and what is not. The title of a thread is not a serious issue.

Josh

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Twenty or so years ago, my Dad and I broke up two separate fights between a large female German shepherd and a nearly full grown wolf pup. My Dad and I were working on my cottage over on Mill Creek below the Cataract Lake dam. Tasha, the shepherd was in heat and used to being the queen of the area. Steppen, the wolf cub, tried to give Tasha a sniff or two when the fight began. Dad and I had to come down off my roof to save Tasha since Steppen had her on her back and losing very badle to the smaller wolf. Dad and I each grabbed a handy 2x4 and separated them. Tasha was very glad to be led into my cottage by my Dad and stay inside for a while. It probably was not the smartest thing to do to be threatening to Steppen. I was not armed with anything other than an 8' board. I was probably lucky that he was still a pup in many ways and forgot the fight fairly quickly. Later, that evening another fight broke out between the two. I thought that it might just happen again so I put a big nail in each of the 2x4 so that we could hook them in the leather collar and heavy choker chains that Tasha and Steppen were wearing. We separated them much easier than the first time. Steppen did not stay very much longer in the area. It seemed that he wandered down to a neighbor's yard where some small kids were playing with their small dog (breed unkown). He playfully grabbed the small dog by the neck and snapped it right in front of the children. That probably gave them nightmares for a while. After getting rid of Steppen, the owner then brought home a coydog. It was the sneakiest thing that I had ever seen.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    First, no, it was not intentional. It was an alpha fight gone bad.

These are two of the three best dogs I've ever had the pleasure to have charge of. The third one, Shep, died when I was 22 or so. She had been my companion since age 10.

Now, Cru, you are reading waaaaay too much into the title. I figured I'd put something fun. Ever get into an argument when you were young about how your dad could beat up your friend's dad? Like that.

I realize that, being in college, you're obviously brain damaged by all the liberal thinking going on around you. You'll get over it once you grow up and learn what is serious in life and what is not. The title of a thread is not a serious issue.

Josh

You can call me names and neg rep me all you want because THOSE things aren't serious in life.

People who get enjoyment out of dog fighting are horrible people and shouldn't own dogs. Period. I think you fall into that category. Whether or not you chose to admit it, words and symbols and how someone writes or types implies a lot about how they feel or think about things. So, yes, I am able to infer that you enjoyed this violent event between these two dogs.

If that's not what you meant, maybe you should chose your words and characters more carefully.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Josh Smith;1721718 I realize that said:
    implying that college students cant think for themselves is pure ignorance. Alot of us dont buy into the liberl BS professors spew

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What do you expect when it's a story about dogs locking on each others throats?

LOL, exactly what I was thinking.

Ok, well how about this then, rather than a sarcastic "MV" comment, I'll say what I actually thought.

I think it's in bad taste to post a thread on a public forum with a big smiley face talking about how "my dog can beat up another dog" where because of said smiley face and title it seems like you enjoy the fact that two dogs were trying to kill each other. It was so violent apparently that the OP even felt the need to kick the dogs (or at their mouths or something...)

So, you may roll your eyes and thumbs down all you want to comments that compare this to dog fighting, but bragging about how "your dog can beat up someone else's dog" on an internet forum is in much worse taste in my book.

+1. Unfortunately I can't rep you right now.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    You can call me names and neg rep me all you want because THOSE things aren't serious in life.

People who get enjoyment out of dog fighting are horrible people and shouldn't own dogs. Period. I think you fall into that category. Whether or not you chose to admit it, words and symbols and how someone writes or types implies a lot about how they feel or think about things. So, yes, I am able to infer that you enjoyed this violent event between these two dogs.

If that's not what you meant, maybe you should chose your words and characters more carefully.

Oh boy, a spelling/grammar/&c Nazi in training. :rolleyes:

Seems you're prejudging me without knowing me.

I can only shake my head.

I will state things the way I choose to, and not to make you happy. You are not entitled to any happiness that you do not pursue yourself.

You have been here for two less years than I have, and you have twice as many posts. Makes me wonder.

Go back and read my many posts about dog training, obedience, and dog pack mentality vs wolf pack mentality, and why the two are often mutually exclusive.

You will then see that this is just relating an experience from which maybe some people can learn. Obviously not you, because you've closed your mind to anything except picturing me as some redneck dog fighter, but others, people who are interested in knowing their dogs beyond the typical norm.

Josh

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Josh is a Dog whisper/Squirrel killing/Judo knowing/muzzle loader blowing/psychotherapist being/1911 smithing/all knowing/Blazer driving God Cru. Didn't you know that??

How dare you being a college educated, free thinking, red blooded American have an opinion that does not agree with his.

Why argue when a simple phone call to the Wabash Co. Anti-cruelty society can fix things. Of course if they were provided with a link to a post it would just be accidental. Right?

Dogs aren't bad, Owners are!!!

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009

Josh

Seems you're prejudging me without knowing me.

You have been here for two less years than I have, and you have twice as many posts. Makes me wonder.
    Didnt you just do the same :laugh:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Didnt you just do the same :laugh:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    wow... how did everyones panties get so knotted in the time I last posted in this thread? oh yes everyone jumping to conclusions and posting open ended theories, come on now I know most people in this thread are better than what it has stooped to. OP it was a good post but did seem to give a lot to interpretation which is where I think this went south, I think it will happen again and if they are going for each others throats it may be a lot more than just a dominance thing. When trying to achieve alpha and prove dominance most dogs don't go for the throat unless they are intent in achieving alpha through blood I would be wary personally.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Josh is a Dog whisper/Squirrel killing/Judo knowing/muzzle loader blowing/psychotherapist being/1911 smithing/all knowing/Blazer driving God Cru. Didn't you know that??

How dare you being a college educated, free thinking, red blooded American have an opinion that does not agree with his.

Why argue when a simple phone call to the Wabash Co. Anti-cruelty society can fix things. Of course if they were provided with a link to a post it would just be accidental. Right?

Dogs aren't bad, Owners are!!!

Of course, if that happens, they will 1) find nothing, because there's nothing to find, and, 2) there be a few from this thread summoned into court on false reporting and for compensation for damages and my time.

If you really want to ride this train, get with it.

Josh

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Of course, if that happens, they will 1) find nothing, because there's nothing to find, and, 2) there be a few from this thread summoned into court on false reporting and for compensation for damages and my time.

If you really want to ride this train, get with it.

Josh
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:!!!

If said post was forwarded to them and they decided to go further I would like to meet the lawyer that would pursue that..... In your own little world Josh..

Don't you have some deranged chick you need to ""SAVE"" and then post her picture all over a gun website?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Wow talk about jumping to conclusions. Josh you ought to be jailed for dog fighting since you obviously forced them to fight. I bet you even bet money with your buddies on the winner.

Top Bottom