• ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Dog muffs.
    Probably other places where you can find them but here's a link ...

Mutt Muffs Hearing Protection for Dogs - Dog Training Supply

13549-earmuffs.jpg

look at the Bassets!!

I ended up having to come inside instead of watching them outside. Zoe came out and cried at my feet. She is a 60lb Basset Hound, she jumped on my lap and a lap dog she is not!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wife and I were just sitting out on the swing, watching fireworks. And a car drove by real slow, windows down, whistling.

Must have lost their dog because of the fireworks.

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    My dog hates fireworks and storms. She'll hide under anything she can.

^^^ THIS! Not terribly enjoyable when the only thing our 100lb German Shepherd can find to hide under is my body. Regardless of my wishes/current comfort level, she's coming in hot!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, the rib bones seem to have done the trick. She's not enjoying the noise, but she's out of the bed.

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    I could swear my neighbors were setting them off on the stoop in front of my door earlier. My dog thought we were being invaded! Once the super close ones stopped, we were good.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    She's gorgeous Que!!!! So happy she's working out for you!

Mine is great with storms, but does not do well with the fireworks. I couldn't get her out to potty one last time the night before last because of them going off, and she spent the next hour after cowering next to me in bed.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    We started taking our pup to the range and shooting with us at a very early age. Kept him (for the most part) far enough away to not hurt his ears, but still get the feel of the noise. He did get closer at times and was largely unaffected unless really close to the shooters. Then you could tell when it got a little to sharp for his ears and he moved further away.

Found out this week that he is completely unbothered by fireworks. :rockwoot: Doesn't even give them a second glance.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We started taking our pup to the range and shooting with us at a very early age. Kept him (for the most part) far enough away to not hurt his ears, but still get the feel of the noise. He did get closer at times and was largely unaffected unless really close to the shooters. Then you could tell when it got a little to sharp for his ears and he moved further away.

Found out this week that he is completely unbothered by fireworks. :rockwoot: Doesn't even give them a second glance.

Are you sure he can hear? J/K :laugh:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The trainer is convinced Trillian is pretty smart, but mostly she acts like she's dumber than a sack of hammers. She's oblivious enough the only thing she's useful for is keeping people out of the backyard. Fireworks don't seem to bother her unduly.

The schnauzer was terrified of the turtle and would huddle under my chair shaking if he bumped into his plate. Fireworks would do her in.

Mrs E's mom has a three legged Jack Russell mix that's pretty spastic as you may expect. She took a shower while some banging was going on, and wondered why the water was draining so slowly. The dog had joined her and was sitting on the drain.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm on my second pair of rescues and we are 4 for 4. All four have been afraid of thunder and all four would/will not play fetch. They're only interested in a ball until it stops moving then they're done. Endlessly fascinated by rabbits and squirrels, though. +1 on July 4 being the most lost dogs. Read in todays paper that our shelter took in 88 from wednesday (big columbus (OH) fireworks and thursday (traditional suburban fireworks).

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    We have 2 doggies. Our girl GSD is not afraid of storms or fireworks but our boy mixed is. He hates to even hear dishes or pots and pans clanking. He hates any kind of loud noises. The first sound of thunder he is in my room wanting up on my bed or he will go and hide in the office under my table.

Top Bottom