• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whoknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Warsaw
    I know it's been a while since you've had it, but how did you like the xlr element chassis? I'm thinking of upgrading the stock on my Remington 700 spa tac and I'm leaning towards the element.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I know it's been a while since you've had it, but how did you like the xlr element chassis? I'm thinking of upgrading the stock on my Remington 700 spa tac and I'm leaning towards the element.

Are they necessary? That's debateable. Are they insanely adjustable and freakin awesome? Yes. It's a very comfortable, high quality product for sure.

whoknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Warsaw
    Thanks, that's good to hear. I've had the gun for three years now and have never been a fan of the flimsy hogue stock, so I'm thinking I might as well upgrade. I was also looking at the MDT LSS but I like the fact that the xlr is all aluminum.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Thanks, that's good to hear. I've had the gun for three years now and have never been a fan of the flimsy hogue stock, so I'm thinking I might as well upgrade. I was also looking at the MDT LSS but I like the fact that the xlr is all aluminum.
    I'll add that the magpul hunter stock has been excellent on my 700. No complaints in the accuracy dept. It won't get you street cred on Instagram, though. :dunno:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I borrowed a Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor to shoot a 500 meter match. The owner shot Hornady match ammo, said he couldn't handload better than it shot. It would be a good standard to use as a base load to compare with your handloads on a given day.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I borrowed a Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor to shoot a 500 meter match. The owner shot Hornady match ammo, said he couldn't handload better than it shot. It would be a good standard to use as a base load to compare with your handloads on a given day.

The logical side of me knows a 1moa system is more than capable of getting reliable hits at distance. I've seen the research, smaller group sizes doesn't make a huge percentage difference as far as hit probability. The OCD side of me will be a little disappointed if I can't produce sub-moa groups.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Very first groups out of this rifle after sighting in the glass. Factory Hornady 140gr ELD-M. 100 yds. Bottom left, highest shot is a called flyer. The two numbers are with and without it.

Top Bottom