• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    OP, I would suggest going to a different doctor. If he is trying to treat a number (which used to be the protocol) is not outdated. Now it is suggested that they treat the patient symptoms, and just use the T numbers as a baseline. Proper PSA testing should be a requirement for follow up visits.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    There are healthy alternatives to drugs. First, stop taking Statin drugs and consuming soy products; see the links. Kefir, ashwagandha, and a good brand of fish oil may be all the booster you need. They add to the experience even if all your parts still work. They work so well that my wife used to joke around when I slugged down a glass of kefir. I read somewhere that the life is in the blood. I also read that the key to life is "better blood, and more of it". Kefir builds up your blood and makes it easy for things to come to attention and salute. When I tell people about kefir I tell them men have a device that indicates how healthy their blood is, and it is very accurate. If that meter is not "pegged out", you are not healthy. I told a guy at church about kefir and then gave him a quart. He begged for another quart every week. He is a diabetic and he was taking Lipitor. I make my own kefir, but you can purchase it from most good stores. Get the stuff without sugar. At that time we milked our own Jersey(s) and the milk was really good. Ashwagandha and fish oil are inexpensive and they increase your immune system. Drugs will just mess up your liver, kidneys, and the list of side drug side effects is a long one.

Ashwagandha is a Natural Aphrodisiac - Ashwagandha.com -- Ashwagandha

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/best-supplements-for-men/printer.php -- Kefir and other health supplements

Statins May Lower Testosterone, Libido -- Twice as likely to have E.D. if you take Statins

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476 -- Soy products cause E.D.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ecret-hidden-in-much-of-your-health-food.aspx -- Soy = BAD

You can order health supplements online for half the cost at a health food store. Vitacost.com or Swansonvitamins.com

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    There are healthy alternatives to drugs. First, stop taking Statin drugs and consuming soy products; see the links. Kefir, ashwagandha, and a good brand of fish oil may be all the booster you need. They add to the experience even if all your parts still work. They work so well that my wife used to joke around when I slugged down a glass of kefir. I read somewhere that the life is in the blood. I also read that the key to life is "better blood, and more of it". Kefir builds up your blood and makes it easy for things to come to attention and salute. When I tell people about kefir I tell them men have a device that indicates how healthy their blood is, and it is very accurate. If that meter is not "pegged out", you are not healthy. I told a guy at church about kefir and then gave him a quart. He begged for another quart every week. He is a diabetic and he was taking Lipitor. I make my own kefir, but you can purchase it from most good stores. Get the stuff without sugar. At that time we milked our own Jersey(s) and the milk was really good. Ashwagandha and fish oil are inexpensive and they increase your immune system. Drugs will just mess up your liver, kidneys, and the list of side drug side effects is a long one.

Ashwagandha is a Natural Aphrodisiac - Ashwagandha.com -- Ashwagandha

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/best-supplements-for-men/printer.php -- Kefir and other health supplements

Statins May Lower Testosterone, Libido -- Twice as likely to have E.D. if you take Statins

Hypogonadism and erectile dysfunction asso... [Nutrition. 2011 Jul-Aug] - PubMed - NCBI -- Soy products cause E.D.
    The Dirty Little Secret Hidden in Some Health Foods - Soy Products -- Soy = BAD

You can order health supplements online for half the cost at a health food store. Vitacost.com or Swansonvitamins.com

I searched several databases and couldn't find any scientific studies (let alone peer reviewed) that showed any efficacy using Ashwagandha or Kefir

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I came in here thinking he had a horrible experience in the emergency department, I didn't realize I didn't log in to INGO.

That was my very first thought...especially since it was originally posted in Carry Issues. Thought maybe he presented packing heat and there was a big to do about it.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    I searched several databases and couldn't find any scientific studies (let alone peer reviewed) that showed any efficacy using Ashwagandha or Kefir

Both have been used for thousands of years. I have not been around that long so I can only testify to the years I've been drinking it. Kefir contains "friendly" probiotics and that information is readily available.

At the bottom of the page in this link several scientific studies on ashwagandha are listed.
    An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Both have been used for thousands of years. I have not been around that long so I can only testify to the years I've been drinking it. Kefir contains "friendly" probiotics and that information is readily available.

At the bottom of the page in this link several scientific studies on ashwagandha are listed.
    An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda

Lots of things have been used for thousands of years, that doesn't make them safe or effective.

I'll check out the sources on that page

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Problem is some of us have to be on prescribed medication and that can have a major impact on duration.
    I was hospitalized for 18 days back in February and early march. Been on chemotherapy and steroids since and that has had a major impact on me. I have never gotten my testosterone checked but have been on Paxil and that just didn't have any positive benefits.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    You didn't say if this money was the max out of pocket you have to pay or are you paying full retail? If insurance is covering it after some dollar amount, then have your MD write you a scrip for the biggest pill size. Let's say it is 50 mg, but you don't need that much. Perhaps 10 mg is all that is needed. Take that 50 mg pill and cut it into quarters which would make it about 12 per dose. This works for other pills as well, but would be well suited for this high cost.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You didn't say if this money was the max out of pocket you have to pay or are you paying full retail? If insurance is covering it after some dollar amount, then have your MD write you a scrip for the biggest pill size. Let's say it is 50 mg, but you don't need that much. Perhaps 10 mg is all that is needed. Take that 50 mg pill and cut it into quarters which would make it about 12 per dose. This works for other pills as well, but would be well suited for this high cost.

Don't forget to consult your pharmacist

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I doubt insurance would cover it at all, as it's not an essential care item. Just because your wiener doesn't work, you won't die. They'll only cover stuff that'll keep you from dying.

Top Bottom