• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BC1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2019
    Indianapolis
    So I just picked up the Gen5 Glock 19 MOS for my new EDC. Was thinking of dressing it up with my surefire flash light and a Vortex Venom red dot. Flash light is a good thing to have on an EDC I feel but I'm not to sure on the red dot? What are your guys opinions on Red dotting your EDC? I understand I will have to regularly train with it to become effective with it. I usually put about 400 rounds down range a week so the practice time will be there.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I look at red dot sights on handguns as the way things are going. Just like red dots slowly became more popular for rifles, handguns are just playing catch-up.
    I've been looking at them for awhile and the things I keep coming back to are:
    1) How well an individual RDS holds zero
    2) Battery life and ease of changing it when needed
    3) How durable will it be taking the day to day abuse

I personally just haven't found the right RDS and gun combination that will work for me...yet.

Stay safe

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I look at red dot sights on handguns as the way things are going. Just like red dots slowly became more popular for rifles, handguns are just playing catch-up.
    I've been looking at them for awhile and the things I keep coming back to are:
    1) How well an individual RDS holds zero
    2) Battery life and ease of changing it when needed
    3) How durable will it be taking the day to day abuse

I personally just haven't found the right RDS and gun combination that will work for me...yet.

Stay safe
    The RDS answer starts and ends with R, and there’s an M betwixt them. Holds zero, RMR, battery life, RMR, durability, again RMR. As far as handgun, can’t help you.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The RDS answer starts and ends with R, and there’s an M betwixt them. Holds zero, RMR, battery life, RMR, durability, again RMR. As far as handgun, can’t help you.

This , get an RMR or to be honest the new Aimpoint ACRO looks very very nice (probably what I will going with as I for some reason want to build a Gucci Glock )

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This , get an RMR or to be honest the new Aimpoint ACRO looks very very nice (probably what I will going with as I for some reason want to build a Gucci Glock )
    Yeah, cuz everyone wants to park a truck on their slide. I’m a HUGE Aimpoint guy, but they missed the boat with the ACRO. Just slap a T1 or T2 on it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yeah, cuz everyone wants to park a truck on their slide. I’m a HUGE Aimpoint guy, but they missed the boat with the ACRO. Just slap a T1 or T2 on it.

I like the concept purly because a "tube" style sight is much easier for me to pick up because unfortunately I am cross eye dominant. I have always really struggled with RMR's on pistols , that and for some reason I think the ACRO looks cool , no real particular reason why

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I like the concept purly because a "tube" style sight is much easier for me to pick up because unfortunately I am cross eye dominant. I have always really struggled with RMR's on pistols , that and for some reason I think the ACRO looks cool , no real particular reason why
    Looks like Spock docked a shuttle craft on a pistol slide.;)

Top Bottom