• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but how is the flipper on you 0556? I've had mine for a couple of months now and use it for my EDC. It is VERY hard to flip open. It's the stiffest flipper I have. I was hoping it would ease up with use, but maybe I'm not using it enough? I'd hate to part with it, but is this enough to get some warranty work on it?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    how is the flipper on you 0556?

Mine is certainly on the 'stiff' side. Not such that I think there's a problem, but enough that I have to make sure I've got my finger firmly on it before I start pushing. I find that using the portion of my finger just above the first joint (rather than the finger tip) works better and gives me more leverage.

The blade is so much heavier on the 0350 that it flips open easier, faster, and snaps open harder than the 0556.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Mine is certainly on the 'stiff' side. Not such that I think there's a problem, but enough that I have to make sure I've got my finger firmly on it before I start pushing. I find that using the portion of my finger just above the first joint (rather than the finger tip) works better and gives me more leverage.

The blade is so much heavier on the 0350 that it flips open easier, faster, and snaps open harder than the 0556.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll just have to get a 0350 too. Wish I could find as good a deal as you found! Congrats and enjoy!

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The flipper on mine was also super stiff. I've had it maybe a year now, and I think it has loosened up. Either that, or my knife flipping skills have improved::dunno:?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Now it's time for you to get a full size knife.

UPDATE

I finally got back my original 0350 yesterday. No extra stickers in the box... :(

Though I still would've preferred the black-bladed knife, they did a GREAT job cleaning this one up. They did exactly what I asked them to-- sharpened the blade and sped up the SpeedSafe action. On top of that they cleaned all the pocket lint and grime out, and may have even replaced the pocket clip. It really looks like a brand new knife again. I'm very pleased with my $40 investment.

jsod8y.jpg

Having had some time with a few KAI products now and dealing with their warranty department, I have to say that Kershaw/ZT is good to go. I'll be recommending them to folks who are looking for an affordable high quality knife. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I tried your technique of adding the 0300/0301 to my Christmas list in case the lady wants to go crazy over the top. I'm not holding my breath though.

Did I fail to mention that adding it to the list was only a small part of the process?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just got my Blur back from Kershaw. Sent it out the first week of January. The liner lock gave out on me once. That is why I sent it back. They sharpened the blade and flattened the part of the blade the lock works against. Cleaned it up a bit too. The knife is 4 years old and this is the first time it's been back.

I think they put a new spring in for the assist too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom