• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I went to the Ft. Wayne BMV today on my lunch break, fully expecting to wait in queue for at least an hour, with grouchy customers and impatient employees. But, I was in and out in about 15 minutes, and the best part, NO FIREARM RESTRICTION SIGNS ON THE DOOR! I haven't been there in years and fully expected to see a sign prohibiting firearms. Pleasantly surprised by the sensibility of not denying our 2A rights at the BMV (unless, of course, it is an unposted law, in which case this story is completely fictional)...

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In the last several years, the Indiana BMV offices that I have been to (3 different) have been models of speed, efficiency and politeness.....and I do not come to that conclusion easily.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm usually in and out of there in less than 12 minutes, they actually keep track of ticket times. I carried to the one in Carmel with my jacket barely covering it, was not arrested on the way out the door

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    The one in Schererville is doing it right. It's usually no longer than 15 minutes no matter what you're in there for.

Best not to go right when they open though. Seems everyone thinks getting there first thing means faster service, but that's when I've seen the longest lines.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I usually do everything BMV related online that I can, but on the odd occasion that I have gone to a BMV branch in the last few years, they have been very quick and professional. Thank you, Mitch! I remember the old days of long waits and rude service.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    The one here in Bloomington, when last I was there was poo (slow but the people were nice).

Ellettsville bmv is fast and the folks are nice there as well. So I always try to go to this one.

Beast556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Zionsville
    I go to the Boone Co one and usually go in and get helped immediately. I think the longest I've ever had to wait was about two minutes.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been in Indiana for 12 years and have never had a problem with speed or courtesy. I will admit though that for the last 2 years I've been doing my BMV business online. At the end of the work day I HATE spending anymore time in town that absolutely necessary.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Eh, just like with everything, youse takes your chances.

Some are busy ALL THE TIME, some are busy sometimes, and some aren't terribly busy at all (which is why some are part-time only locations)

What's really interesting is that they began keeping track of your "wait time" a handful of years ago...but it didn't start until you were actually able to check in.

Sure - the wait time may have only been 15 minutes - but if you stood in line for 15-20 minutes - that time wasn't counted. Seems like funky accounting to me.

-J-

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I just had my operators license renewed at the Vincennes BMV.
    There were no "no weapons signs", and I was out of there in 15 minutes.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    When Bradis informed me my license was expired I went down the street to the license branch. The had me out the door in 2:14, lady behind the counter said it was her personal best.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I had to update the address on my drivers license a few months ago to buy a new firearm. I went to the Beechgrove BMV and expected to be there for a few hours. I was in and out within an hour with a temp license. They have really turned their system around for the better.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The Muncie location still has a no weapons sign but i didn't notice one at the Winchester office last month and both were pretty quick and efficient.

They need to take that sign down cause I believe they're breaking the law. :(

Carry how you want at any BMV office with your LTCH because it's absolutely legal.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think the move to online renewals and other self-service features have gone a long way towards making the BMV more efficient.

Top Bottom