• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My neighbors car alarm had been going off for a while. It was late (after 11pm), and they are deaf, so I figured they just couldn't hear it. I thought about going over myself and checking on them, but then I figured I'd rather not be out in the rain late at night going to knock on their door, running the risk of there actually being a BG in the neighborhood, OR having someone think I'm snooping around and have a gun on me.

So I called NPD. I told them it was not an emergency, but if they would like to check on my neighbors I would appreciate it.

5 minutes later, the officer called me to verify the house (I'd given him my address because I don't know my neighbors exact address) and let me know he was at our corner and going to check it out.

After he talked to them, and made sure they were ok, he stopped by to introduce himself and let me know they were fine and brought me a note from the deaf neighbors with their number and said thanks for looking out.

I wish I remember what his name was, he was very nice, friendly, and helpful.

No rights were violated, and I am glad this officer is on my local PD.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I was going to sling the AR, put on my Tac Cross Draw vest (with a revolver,) 6 o'clock carry my M&P, 3 o'clock OWB my FNX, put on the ninja hood and go investigate...

But I think this worked out better.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was going to sling the AR, put on my Tac Cross Draw vest (with a revolver,) 6 o'clock carry my M&P, 3 o'clock OWB my FNX, put on the ninja hood and go investigate...

No reference to blades or beams, you'd have never made it. :rolleyes:

Good for you, sir!:yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

But I think this worked out better.

why not just use a rocket launcher and take out the car? chuck norris would have!

glad to hear the cop took that extra step to be courteous, also sounds like good neighbors for understanding and being cool with you calling the cops on them jerk :):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I thought about that actually, but I asked the officer when he called to let them know we weren't angry, only concerned for them. ;)

sounds like you did the smart thing (not approaching an unknown situation at night even though its your own neighborhood). seriously shows you are intelligent and have situational awareness!! +100 to you for that! I wish more people were smart like that. I have gotten to know my new neighbors fairly well and I would just knock on their door, but theres a couple I dont know, so I might do as you did. This whole situation sounds like a win win for all!!! great cop, neighbors helping neighbors, and it all ended with sound sleep :D

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Ok, serious question here, how did he communicate with them? Is there someone in the home who is not hearing impaired?

How did he get them to answer the door?

Amazing as it may seem, deaf people have actually figured out how to live in a modern society and have come up with some simple ways to overcome the fact that they can't hear.

By the way, what good is calling them going to do if they can't hear?

Top Bottom