• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Yes I know I should give up on the liberal giant of Facebook but outside of it all I enjoy it for keeping up with friends and marketplace. I've officially had it after this morning. So I comment on the news story regarding the police involved shooting in Parke County last night where officers were called to a domestic disturbance and when they pull up a guy comes out shooting at them with a rifle. Police of course return fire and kill the suspect, one officer receives minor injuries. I post the below comments and get notified I'm FB Jail for posting it......at the same time it would have been perfectly fine to have posted my support for the guy to be firing at cops. WTF? Maybe this is what it FINALLY took for me to say screw Facebook. Rant over, thanks for listening.

1628262133349.png

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yes I know I should give up on the liberal giant of Facebook but outside of it all I enjoy it for keeping up with friends and marketplace. I've officially had it after this morning. So I comment on the news story regarding the police involved shooting in Parke County last night where officers were called to a domestic disturbance and when they pull up a guy comes out shooting at them with a rifle. Police of course return fire and kill the suspect, one officer receives minor injuries. I post the below comments and get notified I'm FB Jail for posting it......at the same time it would have been perfectly fine to have posted my support for the guy to be firing at cops. WTF? Maybe this is what it FINALLY took for me to say screw Facebook. Rant over, thanks for listening.

View attachment 151687
    Welcome to the No FB Club. We meet at the bar tonight 7pm. New guys ride the goat and buys the drinks Congrats.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No Facebook ! I still use youtube but very selectively and only until someone comes up with another venue that actually works.
    Facebook is killing our kids and not good for us mature folks either.
    Just say NO !!!
    There are others that work. It is getting content onto them that is the problem. Rumble.com is one

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I dont support facebook, havent had one in years. That said I'd bet the algorithm only caught the beginning of that sentence and auto suspended you without taking everything written into context.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Hate to admit that I have a FB account. I only use it to hunt for info on deadbeat tenants. Amazing what people will put on there.

Guess if I never post I can't get a ban. If I posted I am sure I would be perma-banned a long while back.

Oh and to the remark about it ruining kids.... what I hear is that FB is only for old folks. The kids have pretty much moved on to new and worse venues.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I’ve never had a Facebook account and likely never will.
    My girlfriend has an account and has the app installed on her iPad.

It’s so creepy, Sometimes when we have the iPad in the car with us for a road trip things we have talked about suddenly ads appear on her Facebook feed mentioning some of the things we talked about.

smart device platforms are a true modern marvel and a real game changer, but the potential for abuse and surveillance is real and there is no real way to know what these devices are actually doing. They are mostly software defined functions inside that can be manipulated in many ways.

Even if you place the device in a faraday wallet, its store & forward capabilities can still send data that it "heard" when it makes it's connection to the network. The only real way to avoid that is to ensure the device is not anywhere it can hear ambient sounds to begin with.

I am afraid when it's time for me to replace my current TV (a Panasonic plasma with no camera or mic) I won't be able to find one without cameras and mics and one of the reasons I refuse to "upgrade" my old Comcast cable box with the new Xfinity one that you can "talk" to to find programming. Just another vector to spy on us all.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    FB is a tool to me. I use it 99% of the time for family posts and pictures.

I do not get into conversations about politics anymore. What good does it do anyway?

I've ditched the app and only sign on using the online www. version. I'm only on every few days to check on family goings on. That's about it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    FB is a tool to me. I use it 99% of the time for family posts and pictures.

I do not get into conversations about politics anymore. What good does it do anyway?

I've ditched the app and only sign on using the online www. version. I'm only on every few days to check on family goings on. That's about it.

The problem with having an account at all is that your linked "friends" can post things about you too plus the www trackers on the website (and many others) still sends telemetry to FB.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I started a FB account back around 2010 iirc. My family and friends told me to join it was so wonderful. After seeing the asinine posts by family and friends I decided I didn't want to be involved. If you have something important to say text or email me. My page is still up with absolutely nothing on it. No pictures no posts. In fact I still don't know how to get rid of it. Maybe someone here can let me know how to have them delete my account.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The problem with having an account at all is that your linked "friends" can post things about you too plus the www trackers on the website (and many others) still sends telemetry to FB.
    You guys know that you don't have to tell the truth when you open a facebook account, right? My facebook "name" is a combination of one of my former cats and one of my former dogs. I only got an account when most of the news sites went to facebook only to participate in commenting on their articles. Other than a couple of groups that I joined, I don't use it. Nobody in my family or any of my real life friends know I'm on there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    You guys know that you don't have to tell the truth when you open a facebook account, right? My facebook "name" is a combination of one of my former cats and one of my former dogs. I only got an account when most of the news sites went to facebook only to participate in commenting on their articles. Other than a couple of groups that I joined, I don't use it. Nobody in my family or any of my real life friends know I'm on there.
    Even with a fake name I still would be banned for responding to idiots. LOL

Top Bottom