• ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    "Discontent is the first requirement for progress"

Most times, I find these little sayings pretty blase' and inaine, but I got this one the other day.

As I study our Nations History, it makes me think that these 7 words describe the actions and feelings of our Country's Framers fairly well...:patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    There is plenty of discontent, just a lack of action! Congress works for us, or at least that's the way it was supposed to be. We need to reassert our control and hold people accountable for their votes. The Tea Party went a long way towards that this past election. Let the Republicans mess up this time and they will learn it as well. the time for social justice and expirimenting with different philosophies has come and gone. We are a center right country and need to elect some competent people willing to make the hard choices to get us back to sustainable govt and fiscal policies asap!

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    There is plenty of discontent, just a lack of action! Congress works for us, or at least that's the way it was supposed to be. We need to reassert our control and hold people accountable for their votes. The Tea Party went a long way towards that this past election. Let the Republicans mess up this time and they will learn it as well. the time for social justice and expirimenting with different philosophies has come and gone. We are a center right country and need to elect some competent people willing to make the hard choices to get us back to sustainable govt and fiscal policies asap!

If we were just a center right country then Dems would never get into office. We are hodgepodge of views going both left and right and everywhere in between.

No matter who is to blame be it right or left, this was coming if you read the writting on the walls, the people of this country are very divided and it has and will continue to come to blows, people are fed up on both sides, too much focus on what side you are on and titles, instead of being Americans and making good decisions for America

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    This is one I actually found in a fortune cookie years ago.

fortune+cookie.png

I saved it!

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    i think what the OP is refering to, is the fact that in 1775, the citizens of this country, were discontent. The king and parliment were imposing their will on the colinist, who were just trying to make a living. That discontentment was the reason, men and women stood up for their rights, and a new nation was formed. If our founding fathers had been submissive to the will of the king, we could very well be speaking with a British accent!

Remember the frog that gets used to the water warming up slowly, he gets used to it and dies.

Top Bottom