• ...and so much more!
  • buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Hey everyone,

My fiance, Tracie, has a disease called Arnold Chiari Malformation. Her brain is coming down out of her skull and putting pressure on her spine. It also caused alot of fluid to go down her spine holowing it out, as a result it was pinching off all her nerves and cause her to become paralyzed. This condition has progressed over the last 2 years at a pace the doctors couldn't believe.

Yesterday they finally did decompression surgery. They cut out a piece of her skull and put in a bovine patch. After 6 1/2 hours of surgery she came out OK.

Today the doctor was checking on her and she already has more movement in her hands than she has had in a long long time. She has lost all the muscles in her arms and will probally never get them back but she should be able to get her legs back and all her pain should go away.

I know this is a gun forum but all of her family and I are so happy with the results of the surgery so far I just had to let everyone know.

She has a long rehab ahead of her but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for listening.

Ed

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Her condition sounds very similar to that of a little boy I know. He's had multiple surgeries and suffered from extreme head aches. He was starting with the paralysis right before his last surgery. He is much much better too. Hope/Pray all goes well for her

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I know this is a gun forum but all of her family and I are so happy with the results of the surgery so far I just had to let everyone know.

No forum of any kind is anything without people. Thank you so much for sharing your good news with us!

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    My heart and prayers go out to you and your fiance. Support her and help her through this difficult time. Never give up or loose the faith.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Wow, I was going to post a rant about having jury again, but you just put that in perspective for me.
    I will say a prayer for her and you.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Great news, I hope she continues to recover, it's nice to hear news like this instead of all the doom and gloom.
    Please keep us appraised, take care my friend, and God bless.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Great news that the surgery went well. :yesway: We are all pulling for a speedy and successful recovery. Hang in there and stay positive.

Top Bottom