• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Good afternoon ladies! I am taking my first Appleseed class tomorrow and I am incredibly excited. I've been shooting for quite a while and feel pretty prepared in that but the experience and learning from someone new is the most exciting aspect. I will post here tomorrow night or Sunday and let you all know how it goes. Have any of you taken a class through Appleseed? I have looked into all the different posts and what people say they wish they would have brought etc but I'd love to know if any of you ladies have any opinions on this. Thanks!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My wife has taken two with me this summer and loved them. Be sure to check the list of what to bring on the Appleseed site. Be sure to have something as a ground cover with a little padding, your going to be getting up/lying down several times.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You are going to have a great, though somewhat physically demanding time! My wife and I took one recently. Get something good to lay on. A yoga mat is not enough. Ask me how I know.:) If it's not too hot, a long sleeve shirt would help.

As written above. go to the website and copy the list and try to get as much of the stuff as you can. Just put it in your trunk. You probably won't need it all, but if you do, it's right there with you.

My wife went from not hitting the paper to shooting a 124 by the end. And she did that on a factory 10/22 with Tech Sights. Heavy trigger and all. I was happy for her and she has a whole new appreciation for the sport.

If you get tired shooting AQT's, it's okay to sit one out. My wife sat one out and came back and shot her best score.

Looking forward to your After Action Report!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A 6 foot length of carpet runner like you install on hardwood steps (carpet kind, not the plastic) works ok in a pinch. It is about $2.50 a foot at Menards. I had a piece in the back of my van that got loaned out to new shooters quite a few times.

Top Bottom